Alpine MRD-M500 Gain settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

67impala
10+ year member

Alright I bought a Alpine MRD M500 :p

now what should i set my gain at it does the gain -0 to -24db

which is = to (0.5v to 8.5v) right now i got it at about -12 and 0 is full gain i listen to my alpine 7893 at around volume 28/30 with a total of 35 on the knob and i think it still has more in it... but some songs just ****en rumble the ****in **** outta my car and some are alright

my alpine is a 4v sub prevout so

alright so there are upto 8 volts right -24db

would be 8.5v in right (0.5v to 8.5v = 0db to-24db)

so 24\8 =3 so each -3dbs =s 1 volt? so

4x3=12 so at -12db at im 4.5v preamp and the .5 would be 1.5 amps so 11 it should be?

now does this seem right to you guys cause thats above 1/2 by 1 notch?

tune ur amp like this....

turn ur volume up on ur HU as high as u would listen to ur music. Then start turning up the gain on ur amp until u hear distortion or when u know its just too much. Dont use the bass boost keep it all the way down. Ur Xover shouldnt be too high either or else ur subs wont sound clean. Tune the Xover to how u like it.

tune ur amp like this....
turn ur volume up on ur HU as high as u would listen to ur music. Then start turning up the gain on ur amp until u hear distortion or when u know its just too much. Dont use the bass boost keep it all the way down. Ur Xover shouldnt be too high either or else ur subs wont sound clean. Tune the Xover to how u like it.

well does that sound right then to have my gain settings about 3/4 of the way up?

Also that alpine has the adjustable sub out right? like 0 to 12 for the sub, so it only puts out 4v at the 12. Hope you understand.

Also that alpine has the adjustable sub out right? like 0 to 12 for the sub, so it only puts out 4v at the 12. Hope you understand.
it accully has 15db for the sub...

anyways i put that to 0 put the volume to where i listen to it

the amp wasnt pushing anything....

anyways played with the gain like he said u until it distorts then back off... so i did that and my gain is at 6 now i think and 0 is full gain... anyways so i closed the trunk it sounds alot better and its not distorted... so then i hit to button to open the 15db sub boost... and oh man it will just dial in the bass....

So i guess the trick is setting the gain without the db and then just use the db when u wanna kick it... oh man **** rumbles when u dial it in... you can see my trunk lid jump like 1/2 an inch each time it thumps lol... peeps at lights are gunna be like oh man that **** is thumpin.... i laughed when i got out to listen and saw my trunk lid jumpin....

crazy ****...

it accully has 15db for the sub...
anyways i put that to 0 put the volume to where i listen to it

the amp wasnt pushing anything....

anyways played with the gain like he said u until it distorts then back off... so i did that and my gain is at 6 now i think and 0 is full gain... anyways so i closed the trunk it sounds alot better and its not distorted... so then i hit to button to open the 15db sub boost... and oh man it will just dial in the bass....

So i guess the trick is setting the gain without the db and then just use the db when u wanna kick it... oh man **** rumbles when u dial it in... you can see my trunk lid jump like 1/2 an inch each time it thumps lol... peeps at lights are gunna be like oh man that **** is thumpin.... i laughed when i got out to listen and saw my trunk lid jumpin....

crazy ****...
yup glad to hear ur happy with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.