Alpine KTP-445u crossover settings

martinv_357

CarAudio.com Newbie
nz
Hi all,

Firstly, I'm no car audio expert and I'm learning as I go, so would appreciate your patience šŸ˜…...

I have upgraded the stock speakers, added a class D amp (for the speakers only) and installed a powered underseat subwoofer in my Ford Ranger.

I am using the following gear:
  • Front speakers - Rockford Fosgate R165-S Prime Series 6.5" Comp, 6.5 Inch
  • Rear speakers - Rockford Fosgate R165x3 Prime Series 6.5" 3 Way Coax, 6.5 Inch
  • Amp (speakers only) - Alpine KTP-445u
  • Subwoofer - Cerwin Vega KPAS10
The subwoofer has a high level input from one of the rear speakers.

QUESTIONS:
  1. What HPF setting would you recommend I use on the Alpine unit based on the speakers I am using? (OFF, 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz).
  2. As I am using a high level input for the signal for my powered subwoofer, will limiting the low frequencies on the Alpine unit result in the subwoofer not getting a decent signal for the bass?
  3. The gains for both the front and rear speakers on the Alpine unit are set to 0 (as the sound distorts heavily when this is increased), however I am still getting clipping at moderate volume. Is this likely to be limitations of the speakers, or could it be something else?
  4. I've found the subwoofer performs fine with most bass frequencies, however struggles with anything really low. What do you recommend as a good starting point for the crossover/gains on the subwoofer?
Would really appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...