Alpine ilx-w650 failed firmware update

Participant count
  • Participant list

D2fx

CarAudio.com Newbie
NJ
I have an Alpine ilx-w650 and did a firmware update everything seemed to go ok until it tried to restart and now it won’t boot up. It’s getting power, lights on bottom buttons are blinking but won’t start. Any help would be appreciated as I can’t find any reference of this anywhere? Is the head unit fried?
Thanks in advance.

I have an Alpine ilx-w650 and did a firmware update everything seemed to go ok until it tried to restart and now it won’t boot up. It’s getting power, lights on bottom buttons are blinking but won’t start. Any help would be appreciated as I can’t find any reference of this anywhere? Is the head unit fried?
Thanks in advance.

Yo, I literally had the exact same thing happen to me today. Just got this head unit yesterday, ran the firmware update this morning, and the thing is bricked now. Same as you described, the buttons are lighting up for second and then just keep blinking on and off. I've been searching for info online all afternoon, and your post is the only thing I've come across that describes this issue. Sorry I don't have a solution... I plan on calling Alpine tomorrow, hoping for a fix or an RMA.

Same here searched all over that’s why I posted at this forum. I sent email to Alpine tech support, will post response. Feel like an idiot just installed last week was sounding great.

I bought my Alpine-iLX-W650 on Saturday. It had firmware System Version: V1.020_0614 and MCU Version: F037.

Tried to upgrade the firmware to V1.020_0708/MCU F033 as given on Alpine's website. Alpine recognized the USB firmware files and the upgrade process appeared to have started. Then the screen went blank and did not reboot on its own. As mentioned by @ccski13 above, the stereo is not booting up, only the bottom row buttons are blinking.

I called Alpine's customer service long before reading this thread, he said the issue is rare and I have to get the system replaced. It looks like the issue is not that rare as 3 folks have encountered the same issue in just two days. Looks like V1.020_0708/MCU F033 firmware is broken.

At least we have one thread available regarding this issue, couldn't find any help online until now.

I called Alpine's customer service long before reading this thread, he said the issue is rare and I have to get the system replaced. It looks like the issue is not that rare as 3 folks have encountered the same issue in just two days. Looks like V1.020_0708/MCU F033 firmware is broken.

So are they replacing it or saying you are SOL?

I spoke to Alpine support today. It didn't seem like I was the first person they talked to with this issue, they knew what the problem was pretty much immediately. They advised that they could swap out the receiver for me, but recommended I reach out to the retailer I got it from first. Apparently if I go through Alpine directly, they'd only be able to ship me a refurbished unit, whereas the retailer might be able to exchange it for a brand new one. Hopefully they pull that firmware update off their website before more people run into this issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...