Alpine IDA X100 and KCE 350BT Installation Help

cyclis008

London
Hi All,

I bought the above on Saturday and have fitted the headunit which seems to work no problems with iPod and Radio. I have also fitted changed the patch cable from the steering wheel stalk as there was previously a Sony stereo in the car. All this works fine.

I have now got onto installing the BT box and have hit a bit of a wall. I have disconnected the ipod high speed cable from the HU and attached this to the Ext point on the BT. I have then taken the new high speed wire with the BT and plugged this black into black on the BT and blue into blue on the HU. I'm pretty sure that's all fine.

I am now a bit stuck on the power cable supplied with the BT. The power cable comprises of 1 Yellow (Batt), 1 Red (Acc), 1 Pink/Black (Mute) and 1 Black (GND (I am assuming Ground??)).

I have connected the Pink and Black Mute cable to the Pink and Black cable coming from the HU Wiring loom. I now have 3 wires left from the power cable on the BT. On the HU I have 1 blue and white cable, 1 red cable, 1 black, 1 brown/orange and one brown cable spare. I have attached a photo.

I really don't know what to do with the remaining cables....please help!!!!

Thanks a lot

Rich //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

tie the yellow black and red into the same yellow black and red on the headunit that connect to ur metra wiring harness
I only have two yellow wires on the HU, one leaves the HU end of the harness and has a 10v fuse in the middle, the other is at the other end and has a bullet connector, at the moment these two are plugged into each other.

surely I shouldn't need to do this with two alpine pieces of equipment?? I would've thought Alpine would've made it easy to add a bluetooth adaptor to their Head units, without having to arse around with wiring too much.

look at the wiring diagram in your manual !

http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_IDA-X100.PDF

depending on what car you have, these wires should already be there.

- blue and white cable is remote amp turn on

this is used to turn on an external amp. do you have an external amp ? if not this wire is not needed.

- red is ignition

this has to go to a switched ignition supply (i.e. only gets 12V when the key is in the ignition or accessory position)

- black is ground

- orange is illumination

- brown - this is not shown in the alpine wiring diagram. are you sure its brown ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.