Alpine dissapointment

imoanloud

Just completed my full blown alpine install and the results are dismal..

The system:

IDA-X305S receiver

PDX-5 Amp

Type R 5 1/4 componets in front doors

Type R 6.5 coax in rear doors

JL power-wedge 12"

Monster 6 channel RCA connect

Ran quality 12 gauge speaker wire from amp to all speakers

8 gauge amp wiring kit

Had the gains set by a pro..

Bass,,,, sux

Highs,,,, Piercing

Mids,,, have no ambiance

Seriously, the stock 8 speaker system actually sounded better. Any suggestions? Other than put the stock crap back in!!!

Imo, I would add a preamp quality eq, such as the Kicker KQ5/KQ9, or a good one, and will make all the difference in the world, enhance your sound stage-Front/Rear/Sub woofer,and at your fingertips:boink:..Clarion makes a good one as well.I highly recommend it:santa:

Imo, I would add a preamp quality eq, such as the Kicker KQ5/KQ9, or a good one, and will make all the difference in the world, enhance your sound stage-Front/Rear/Sub woofer,and at your fingertips:boink:..Clarion makes a good one as well.I highly recommend it:santa:
would you recomend these over the alpine imprint ?

Not sure why you are having issues with your Type R comps, I run the 6.5 set and they have plenty of body sometimes almost too much, Volvo is a really hard car to get sound out of and those PDX amplifiers well they are nice but as far as Micro amplifiers go they are pretty low on the totem pole, I owned a pdx 150.4 and a 600.1 and I just did not like the sound they produced.

Look at a JL Audio HD or even their entry level micro amplifiers. Anything made by Robert Zeff like Arc Mini or anything along those lines are small and powerful.

The imprint might help some but imo not really worth it, I would look into something like a Audiocontrol DQX or Audison Bitone they are a little on the spendy side but you have FULL control over system control vs the imprint that you cannot set anything once it mades its adjustments thats it no more tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.