Alpine CDE-HD149BT won't play wav from usb?

Participant count
  • Participant list

a390st

TN
Will the new Alpine head units play wav music files from a usb device? It isn't listed on the web site... Clarion doesn't. Some Kenwoods do. Puoneer hu's do. Really Alpine? At least the Clarion is cheap. The hd149bt is almost $300. Thanks to anyone who has tried playing a wav respinding.

Try finding a good quality head unit that plays wav's from usb and has actual phisical buttons for radio presets. I haven't had any luck.

The Kenwood I have had for the past couple years will play wav files through USB. Actually it will play a broad range of files. It has a clean face with only 2 buttons, but the remote has all the presets (9 in all). Now this unit was new in 2009, so I can speak for the newer replacement models. I am almost positive you can convert the wav files to flac with a converter and the Alpine will play it through the USB. Flac is also a lossless format, so you won't be compromising quality. Actually, I am not 100% positive about the Alpine playing the flac, but I know it will play a lossless format, you will just need to convert the wav file to it. KHA will know for sure. @keep_hope_alive;

I really appreciate your help. That Kenwood is a very nice deck and the price is right, but if the Alpine won't do what I want I'm just going to get an 80prs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.