Alpine CDA9855 HELP ME!!!?!?!?

kingNdaCastle08
10+ year member

ATLanta
hey guys

i have a new GMC Canyon and i put an Alpine CDA 9855 head unit into it, with a Kicker 12L7D2 and a Clarion 1000.2 amp. and the head unit WAS working fine... until i bought an ipod connection cord for it. and the cord didnt fit right. so the ppl that hooked it up for me(i was out of town) tried to put the cord in. i noticed that the cord didnt work for some reason(it did not fit into the hole right and a piece had to be clipped out). the cooling fan is now not working, and after about 5 minutes of playing, the head unit suddenly cuts out for about 1-2 seconds and gets rele quiet, and then comes back STRONG. its getting very hot, and it is skipping, even on the radio!!! (radio shouldnt skip... its radio. lol)

help plzzzzz:confused:

if it doesnt fit, then you must acquit.

i would take that thing back man and get them to put the kca-420i on. and i would test it out there and if your HU is screwed up then, i would have to replace my sh*t.

but def that that back to the shop

I think Alpine is the easiest Ipod connection, evar. I'm not sure how one messes that up. You should probably not let others do your work for you, especially if you are out of town

Its just a wire, that plugs in the back.

I agree, if it didnt fit why force it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I have the same HU and the same Ipod adapter. It was so easy to hook up a caveman could do it. I have a feeling you just fried your HU. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I agree, if it didnt fit why force it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
I have the same HU and the same Ipod adapter. It was so easy to hook up a caveman could do it. I have a feeling you just fried your HU. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
ya. i took a look at it. if he f'd it up, hes simply DUMBER THAN S#!T!!!!

im pretty mad tho.

the cooling fan isnt workin tho so do u think its fried???

it might not be fried. if the fan isn't working the the HU is doing right by cutting itself off when it gets too hot. i found that alpi's get hot quickly. i wouldn't run that HU until the shop fixed the fan and the cable problem. take that back TODAY.

It sounds like he tried to stick a KCE422I Ipod cable into the amp control plug in the head unit (that plug looks very close to the connector on the KCE422I, but is not the same and may have caused the damage to your headunit if it was forced to be plugged in). The correct Ipod adapter for that head unit is the KCA420I. Make him pay for any repairs he caused.

It sounds like he tried to stick a KCE422I Ipod cable into the amp control plug in the head unit (that plug looks very close to the connector on the KCE422I, but is not the same and may have caused the damage to your headunit if it was forced to be plugged in). The correct Ipod adapter for that head unit is the KCA420I. Make him pay for any repairs he caused.
yeah ima charge him if he fd it up. n i wana take it back, but i got the HU from a guy that was working @ bestbuy. he put it in his accord n totalled the car. n i had an accord at the time so i bought it n it plugged right in, adapters n all. so now its in my truck(gmc canyon.

anyway, do yall think putting a cooling fan from a computer over it would work?

i wouldnt even go that route (computer fan). if the shop/person where you took it to is legit. they would replace everything that is screwed up. after having so many probs, i would not mess with it myself

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.