Alpine CDA wiring harnesses, are they all the same ????

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just bought an Alpine CDA-9885 and need a wirring harness for it. I found one for a CDA-9885 for $26 and I found an Alpine black 16 pin harness for 4.95 on ebay that listed close to 20 different CDA models that it was compatible with and while it did not list the 9885 it did list other models that were also listed on the harness for the 9885. So I was wondering if this harness is the same ? I know Alpine has the white harness, the grey harness and the black harness....is that the only difference ??? I can't find anything definitive even on the Alpine website....it always reffers to it as the white, grey or black harnesses so I'm wondering if the cheaper one will work or can it possibly damage the head unit ? Thanks !

You need to match the Alpine H/U with the year, make and model vehicle you are installing it in...while I don't recommend buying from Crutchfield (pricey) you can use their site (Outfit My Car) to determine the harness you will need and then hit eBay. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

no.no.no......... I'm not talking about the secondary vehicle harness, but the harness that plugs directly into the back of the head unit. I would never use a secondary harness that connects to vehicle manufactuer wirring. I have alot of equiptment (amps, sound proccessors, eq,line driver, capacitor and all high end aftermarket subs and components) and have heard too many stories of manufactuer wirring grounding out. So all I need is the harness from Alpine that comes with the deck when you buy it. All I use from that is the power, memory, ground and remote. I run all my speakers from the amps.

Alpine has two types of harnesses. Older are white, newer are black, but the pin configuration is the same. They changed around 2002. The CDA-9885 should be the standard black Alpine harness.

but you should buy your harness from pacparts.com if you want to ensure you get the original one for that model.

The pinout arrangements, pin spacing, and plug dimensions are the same, but the shapes and sizes of the pins themselves changed. The earlier white plug has smaller round pins while the black plug uses slightly larger square pins. I'd say the black plug is acceptable for HU's designed for white plugs, but not the other way around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.