Alpine CDA-9886

I just got my 9886 and at first it was kind of annoying that it didn't have a "mid" equalizer adjustment but after turning the "Defeat" on it sounds a lot better anyway.

My biggest complaint is that I can't figure out how to get it to display both the radio station frequency I'm on and the time. It seems like I have to pick between the station or the time/date (and who needs a cd player to display the date, seriously...)

Also for the radio presets, when I hit one, it brings up this little menu that shows all 6 presets but other than the one I'm on, they all just say like "Pre1, Pre2, Pre3" or something like that...why would it bring that little menu up if it's not going to display the frequency that's set to that number?

Never liked the 9886, it doesnt seem to have value for money.

No features to talk about without the imprint/external unit.

Also, the preout voltage is VERY weak, could no way be close to 4 volts.

The older alpines were alot better (alpine 9833,35 etc)

You should be able to get better value for your money from other brands compared to this specific alpine model.

Also, the preout voltage is VERY week, could no way be close to 4 volts.
It does kind of seem like this...I had to turn the subwoofer level to 10 to get a decent volume, and when I set the gains (with a DMM of course) it was over 3/4. I know this doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but I've never had to turn a gain this high...

^^Yes, the voltage *****. My 2 volt Pioneer headunit before had more line drive than the 9886 (which i replaced within 2 weeks)
But that really doesn't matter...I mean, there's really no difference. I just got a brand new 9886 for 198$ shipped which I didn't think was too bad. I'm gunna sell the ipod cable to make the price even better.

BTW, I'll never buy another Pioneer ever again after all the problems I had with the Pico **** on my last one.

^^

I guess if u have line drivers and such its not much of an issue with the 9886, but it didnt make sense in my system...

The 800 prs pioneer is a nice deck, with the 16 band eq, copper chassis and 4v outs.

The pico fuse issue is minor, just need proper rca grounding and you should be ok.

^^I guess if u have line drivers and such its not much of an issue with the 9886, but it didnt make sense in my system...

The 800 prs pioneer is a nice deck, with the 16 band eq, copper chassis and 4v outs.

The pico fuse issue is minor, just need proper rca grounding and you should be ok.
I didn't need a line driver, I just had to turn the gain up a bit farther. I wanted to set the gain with the subwoofer level somewhere above 0 because I don't use the bass knob with my amp and like to have a way to turn the bass down.

But yeah my last deck had noise on the RCA's and grounding them didn't fix it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.