Alpine CDA-9853 or 9851??

bigman411
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MA
Which one to get? I only see the different is being the glidetouch, which is about $47 more. Im not looking for a fancy deck, I just need one. Im only using the interior speakers. My indash got stolen so I dont care about car audio. Is the 9851 fine? I just want a nice little deck that does mp3s and I like the alpine look. I dont know about the glidetouch, it might be annoying and I dont even see the preset stations like 1-6. Anyone have the 9851?

Actually it's a lot more than just glidetouch. The 9853 has much more adjustable crossovers, time correction, bass engine pro, 5 band parametric and 7 band graphic equalizer.9851 is still a nice deck though.

Im going to get the 9851. I dont like the glidetouch, I tried it at best buy and it was so messed up and it wasnt even working and switching back and forth. So dumb.

well so far i've been hearing nothing but trouble about the alpine 05 line (well, some folks liked it thou, can't say the otherwise) and the 9815 is from the 03 line and it's still considered one of the best HU's out there...

i own one and i wouldn't trade it for a 9851 even for free (im saying this based on what i've heard from users so far, haven't listened to it yet)

well so far i've been hearing nothing but trouble about the alpine 05 line (well, some folks liked it thou, can't say the otherwise) and the 9815 is from the 03 line and it's still considered one of the best HU's out there...
i own one and i wouldn't trade it for a 9851 even for free (im saying this based on what i've heard from users so far, haven't listened to it yet)
what about Pioneer DEH-P6700MP?

what about Pioneer DEH-P6700MP?
well that doesn't seem to be a fair competitor here... this unit you're talking about is a lot cheaper and has many resources less... at least AFAIK

if you want another hu i'd probably recommend an Eclipse... im not familiar with their model numbers but 8445 and 8454 are wildly acclaimed in this forum for having great SQ and clean and strong outputs... although i heard some people complaining about reliability issues... and im not sure if they run on the same budget you are looking for...

i myself am to pick one between Eclipse 8454 or Alpine 7998 to replace my lovely 9815... both has MP3 capability, 3way active xover, time correction and built in equalizer... that's exactly im looking for... will take awhile yet to decided which hu to purchase, even because i won't have the money soon LOL

by the way both alpines you mentioned in this thread have all these resources i just said... but i doubt the 9853 will have the same sound quality of 9815... i heard that many times here and by the majority here, alpine gone way down on the 2005 line...

btw you can't go wrong with 9815... and it looks great too (if that matters to you... to me it's just a plus)... actual pic of mine while installed indoors

img20999oj.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.