Alpine Cda-9827 Users

JoseMCeee
10+ year member

$tack
Bay Area, CA
This could relate to other last year models but the unit I have is a cda-9827.

Quick questions.

MX- Do u guys use it? Some people completly say "NO!" and some say sometimes, lvl 1, lvl 2 sometimes lvl 3. What exactly does this thing do? I mean sound wise I know it kinda makes the vocals echoey and it has more bass but from what I hear it might not be the best for subs?

Also what volume do u guys listen to the decks? I know it used to be 20 for me but now its starting to get softer.. Maybe Im going deaf but till wat volume do u guys go up to till it starts distorting?

i had MX on level 1 only cuz the EQ on the 9827 blows (2 band), otherwise i woulda had it off.

for volume, it all depends how you set your gains. i listened at 18 IIRC.

i had MX on level 1 only cuz the EQ on the 9827 blows (2 band), otherwise i woulda had it off.for volume, it all depends how you set your gains. i listened at 18 IIRC.
as in eq u mean the bass part of it? Because I do notice that the bass increase is better with mx. I mean the only thing I kinda wanted to know is if it was just me or the basic setting just ***** for bass.

the eq is just the bass and treble setting, which makes it impossible to boost/decrease certain frequencies and not others. however, if u like it with mx on, just leave it on. IIRC mx just boosts a big portion of the freq's.

the eq is just the bass and treble setting, which makes it impossible to boost/decrease certain frequencies and not others. however, if u like it with mx on, just leave it on. IIRC mx just boosts a big portion of the freq's.
yea I noticed that. Cuz alot of people say "NO MX"and to turn on the DEFEAT to let the amps do it but that sht makes the music sound EXTREMELY fukn lame. Very very very anti slumpin which is a no no.

On my 9825 I used I always had MX on. It was able to get louder and a lower volume for me, plus it didnt sound as "dry" with it on.

Now with my 9853 however I keep the MX off and do my own EQing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I used lvl 1 MX.

I was setting my gains on my amp with a multimeter, and turning MX to lvl 3 boost the voltage up by almost 10v, so be careful with your speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.