alpine cda-7893 vs pioneer deh-p6400

Well I can tell you right off the bat that how something looks is based on personal preference...what looks good to me, might look good to you, but look like crap to my neighbour.

The 7893 is a very nice unit. To me, it looks very nice - the silver/black theme along with the big silver rotary volume knob look cool. Endless feature list...3 preouts(4v), remote, CD-R playback, and a fairly nice EQ - just to name a few.

The 6400 from Pioneer is also pretty nice. Looks, meh, they are alright but IMO dont compare to the Alpine. Still a good unit though, lots of features.

Neither of these head units is too expensive, which is alway nice:) IMO, the Alpine may have the edge with build quality, but in SQ terms, both are pretty equal.

It's really up to you - both are very good...I say pick whichever you like better...#'s on a sheet of paper arent going to tell you if you like it or not;)

- Steve

Heh, sometimes when you order something for a price that just doesnt seem right - it doesnt exactly end up at your house:rolleyes:

- Steve

Originally posted by xjmadness lol dude u payed $317 for the alpine 7893?? **** u got ripped

on eBay they selling for $250..
well i would have bought it from ebay, but i don't trust anybody on ebay, plus then i have to pay for shipping, and then to have it installed, and i just preferred to get it at Car Tunes where i know the people that work there, and they'd install it for free:)

Originally posted by Moocow16 yeah, actually, it's normally $399.99 where i bought it, and at the time it was on sale, $100 off, so i was happy:)
Either way you saved some money - not worth the risk on Ebay unless you know the seller or can gaurentee you will get the product you order.

- Steve

i bought my 7894 for 231 from circuit city but that's only b/c my friend has a manufacturer cost discount there, so i would say mine was the best for the money.

but back to the subject, i was about 2 seconds from buying the 93 when i saw how much the 94 was w/ the discount. the 93's are excellent, and the only reason i went w/ the 94 is for mp3...the 93 looks way better and has basically the same features minus mp3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.