Alpine Amps

Snozzer
10+ year member

Michigan
Iv never seen anything about alpine amps. Im thinking of getting one for 2 pioneer premiers im getting. The alpine im looking at is MRP-M450. The subs im getting have 400 rms and at 2 ohms that puts out 400 rms. So what do you guys think? What do you think about Alpine amps in general?

Thaks alot for the info. Well i went and bought the MRP-M450 and its not enough for me. So i thinking about getting another of the same amp and just wire one sub with one amp. Or sould i just sell this one and buy a new one?

Might as well start over with a new amp. The MRP-M450 is only rated for 220 watts at 4 ohms. So right now each sub gets 200 watts; if you put one amp on each sub they get 220 watts. Not much difference for the expense of a second amp.

I'm assuming your subs are 4 ohms each, based on your first post.

they are duel voice coil. Right now i have one connected to the amp and it punching harder and louder then when i had it with 2.

If i shouldnt get a diffrent one what kind should i get? im tring stay within the $150 range shipping included. i would prefer not to get somthin diffrent b/c then i would either get rid of mine or it would look really tacky with 2 diffrent amp. but im always willing to look. thanks alot in advance.

Thaks alot for the info. Well i went and bought the MRP-M450 and its not enough for me. So i thinking about getting another of the same amp and just wire one sub with one amp. Or sould i just sell this one and buy a new one?
Could it be that the speakers were out of phase that they did not hit as hard. This was my issue. If so switch one of the - and + speaker connections.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.