Alpine 9887 water damaged

Participant count
  • Participant list

slappinX
10+ year member

throw your diamond in air
Does anyone know where I can send in a water damaged Alpine 9887 for repair or if its possible to repair it? I bought an Alpine 9887 back in November off a member here and when I received the 9887, it did not work properly. He agreed to pay half of the repair (which he did not) and then stopped all contact. Haven't heard from him since. Fast forward to last week, I send in my 9887 to Alpine for repair; I call them for a status update and they say my unit is water damaged and will not repair it.

Thank you in advance

If alpine won't even fix it I don't know who will. You're better off taking the "L" and replacing it with another unit

If you knew it had issues you kind of assumed it was fixable and that's a risk in itself
The thing is he advertised it as fully functional and it wasn't till i installed it that i found out it had issues. i put my 880prs in till he sent me money but it never came. Alpine also said I'm going to have to take an L.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.