alpine 9887 ipod help

I had the same problem, first time around I got a bad cable. I have the 9887 too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

If the radio is on, as soon as you connect the iPod to the cable the iPod should say "ALPINE" on it and have the Alpine logo, and the iPod light on the headunit will turn on.

Are you sure you got the right cable? You need the KCE-422i I believe.

Hit the preset button 5 or 6 I think. When you first put the ipod on the hu puts it on random and to get it out of that just hit the button till you can use it like your wanting.

Hit the preset button 5 or 6 I think. When you first put the ipod on the hu puts it on random and to get it out of that just hit the button till you can use it like your wanting.
It seems the iPod isn't working at all from his OP, but yes both 5 and 6 will enable shuffles. 5 will do album/song shuffle for a playlist, album, etc, but 6 will mix all songs on the iPod.

Also, you don't use the AUX source. There is a source called "iPod" which you can only access when the headunit detects the iPod connection.

It seems the iPod isn't working at all from his OP, but yes both 5 and 6 will enable shuffles. 5 will do album/song shuffle for a playlist, album, etc, but 6 will mix all songs on the iPod.
Also, you don't use the AUX source. There is a source called "iPod" which you can only access when the headunit detects the iPod connection.
Yup, you are correct. I guess I didn't read the part about the auxiliary cable. Op, you need to buy the ipod cable to get it to work on the 9887

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.