Alpine 9853 Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rexter9x
10+ year member

Ontario
Ok, so I got the 9853 about 8 months ago, and not long after it started making a poping sound through the front speakers. It will do it at the point in a cd everytime that cd is played. Now for some reason this problem goes away when any change to the eq happens, or when the mx is on.

I went to the shop where I got the deck, and they sent it off. Now I got a call today from the guy who is servicing it, and he said that he couldnt find any problems with it. I then went into more detail on what was happening and he seems to think that the problem is with a specific bass note, and that the problem is with my speakers, or that I'm 'eqing' that specific bass note out.

I'm using an external amp, and I've used 2 different sets of components. I've tried another amp, and have always had this problem. The eq is set to flat, with +1 to 40htz to make the problem go away. Any idea of that this could be? He also said that the deck will be shipped back as is.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.