Alpine 9833 need expert help

stevem5000
10+ year member

Hi guys...

Alpine 9833...

when I play MP3's the text scrolls the tittle and artist no problems...

When I play regular CD's, I do NOT get the text scroll...no matter what combination of buttons, switches, etc I cannot get the text scroll to work with normal CD's...

Is there some switch combination I need to do to turn this function on???

Also...I drive a Sony amp for the subs...the subwoofer control on the Alpine is variable from 0 to +15...I would expect that this control would put more volume into the subs...

Exactly what is the subwoofer control for???

I have the control set to crossover at 200 and the Sony amp is set to cross at 300...Subwoofer is turned on at the HU and set at stereo...Defeat is turned off and I am currently using the "pop" equilization...

How can I vary the sub volume or "punch"...

Any thoughts and ideas???

Thanx

Steve

when u play the regular cd's... they may not have ID3 tags... only some regular cd's have that function... VERY few of the cd's i buy have that...

if you turn the sub off do the subs turned off? do that and make sure you have the rca's plugged into the sub output on the radio...

is that 200hz on the sub? i'd adjust it down more... not familiar with your subs but i'm sure most people have theirs crossed over a little lower... adjust your crossover... check all your gains... and read through your manual... make your own EQ... don't use the preset ones...

I have a 9835 and have not seen any text untill I enter them manualy, then once entered the HU remembers the next time I spin the CD.

I also wonder if the rca cables are connected right. I have run and Alpine and now I have a JL 500-1 to run my sub and have had full control over both. If I turn the sub off in the head unit there are no sub controls displayed on the head unit. I think it may be something simple to you problem with the sub. The CD display, you might want more then they give, or can give with no id on the cd

Thanx guys...

This opens the door to a couple more questions...

If I rip my original CD's to MP3's, and the MP3's have tags, why do the original CD's not have tag's???...that tag info, it seems to me, would have to come from the original CD...

I will have to go thru my connections to the sub again...make sure I have everything right...

Right now, when I put my finger on the cone of either sub, I can feel a light vibration on the low notes...so I know the subs are getting at least some power...

I can turn the sub off in the head...but I really can't say that my system sounds any different with the sub turned on or off...maybe just slightly more bass with the sub turned on...

Power is getting to the sub, lights are on...

I'll check things our more and post back...

thanx for the help

Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.