Alpine 9830 skipping cds

Participant count
  • Participant list

IshbOO
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just got my brand new Alpine 9830 installed into my yukon. I have Burned about 4-5 cds and they all seem to skip, Some songs dont play either. The brand name of the blank cd is called "Imation". They seemed to play alright in my friends Panasonic, and in my portable player, althought i noticed skipping in my home stereo, but not as much. So it's either my cds or my cd player. Anyone know why they would be skipping, they were brand new, I burnt them and brought them directly to my car, no scratches what so ever. Im bought my headunit from Crutchfield, i had it at my house for a while, and they only have a 30 day return policy, anyone know some way to fix this?

try a different way of burning. i play some older cds in my 9831 and some songs will skip. the only difference between these cd's is the way i burned them. i used to just put them in nero and burn or copy from the cd straight to cd. now i use EAC (exact audio copy, search for it) decompress the mp3's to wavs then use nero to burn the files. this prevents nero from using its own decompression engine which can cause clicks and pops on cd, as well as skipping(skipping part is my opinion since that whats seems to cause it). if you got a cd from a friend, do the same thing except rip with EAC to .wav files, then use nero to burn them again. should help, i know it does with mine.

i used nero to burn 4 of my cds, then used realplayer to burn one, the one from realplayer seemed to not at first, but soon enough it did. But ill try making them .wav i guess first thanks for the tip

let me know if it helps man. i used nero before too and some of those cds will skip, but just give exact audio copy a chance, and THEN burn with nero and tell us if it helps out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.