Alpine 9813 Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudstratus
10+ year member

The last car i bought had a 9813 in it and i have had it for almost 4 years and love the unit. Yesterday when i came out of the store and took off i wasnt hearing anything through the speakers, so i switched to cd, then regular radio and back to xm. Everything seems to work fine on the display but no matter what i do there is no sound. Was just wondering if this was a common problem and if there was something simple i could do to fix it or if i should just **** it up and retire the ol girl lol thanks

I think before any retiring happens i would do some basic troubleshooting and make sure a wire hasn't wriggled loose or something in the back. You never know how it was installed or anything.

But... it sounds to me like it might be deadsville. i cant think of any wire back there that would stop the speakers from working while keeping the unit on. Unless its hooked up to an external amp.

I still havent figured it out, all wires seem to be hooked up correctly. The only thing i could think is maybe one of my power wires is loose and it gets enough contact to turn on but not enough juice to fully function? i dont know i have never heard of anything like this. If it doesnt work, if i sit there and turn it on and off it will eventually work................i dk im gunna redo the wiring behind it this weekend and see if that does it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.