all you good maht guys

I don't know how to figure that up. It would take some incredibly complicated integral calculus with all of the weird three dimensional slopes on those funky, Kicker cones.
You use a formula eerily similar to the one you use to figure how many licks it takes to get to the center of tootsie-pop.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe 144" would include the surround, which should only be counted as 2/3. But I dont know how meca figures it.
The simple way, x^2 for a square cone and pi(r^2) for a circular cone. Surround is neglected.

The simple way, x^2 for a square cone and pi(r^2) for a circular cone.
I know how to figure area. Im asking how meca calculates it... as that is the OP's question, apparently. Does meca simply use Pi®^2 for the advertised diameter like you are suggesting here? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

So you want us to spend our time and effort helping you, but us providing a link that you must click and *gasp* read for yourself, is asking too much of you?
Go look it up on Kicker's website and quit being so damned lazy.
i looked actually and couldn't find it that's why i asked:)

I know how to figure area. Im asking how meca calculates it... as that is the OP's question, apparently. Does meca simply use Pi®^2 for the advertised diameter like you are suggesting here? Or am I misunderstanding your point?
I know you're not dumb:laugh: I was trying to get across that MECA only goes by the size of the woofer, not sd.

For example:

In MECA, a 15" round sub is pi(7.5^2). A 15" square sub would be 15^2. It would be a huge pain in the butt for the judges to actually go by sd, because it would take forever for them to verify vehicles. They do it the simple way.

I know you're not dumb:laugh: I was trying to get across that MECA only goes by the size of the woofer, not sd.
For example:

In MECA, a 15" round sub is pi(7.5^2). A 15" square sub would be 15^2. It would be a huge pain in the butt for the judges to actually go by sd, because it would take forever for them to verify vehicles. They do it the simple way.
so 144 right? you know what i'm thinking over here for sure. i've asked you a BUNCH of questions already that might seem silly. but i'm a noooooooooob.

For example:

Thanks for clarifying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.