All yall Resonant Engineering Lovers

spydyplayer
10+ year member

2 Alpine Type R 15"s
Missouri
Okay, so I now know that everyone seems to love these things so I am now seriously looking into getting one of their 15" XXX's. So, the question, or should I say questions, how many and what kind of these subs do you guys have in your rides? The other question, I have narrowed my choices down to one of these XXX's in 15" or a 12", or two Power HX2 15"s. What's your opinion on my two choices, will I be happy either way? I am mainly looking at SPL. Thanks in advance.

...But do you think that one of those XXX 15"s would be louder and all around better than two of those Power HX2's in their 15" subs?

Okay, so I now know that everyone seems to love these things so I am now seriously looking into getting one of their 15" XXX's. So, the question, or should I say questions, how many and what kind of these subs do you guys have in your rides? The other question, I have narrowed my choices down to one of these XXX's in 15" or a 12", or two Power HX2 15"s. What's your opinion on my two choices, will I be happy either way? I am mainly looking at SPL. Thanks in advance.
Two properly powered and properly installed Power HX2 15's would be very loud ...

The XXX's are all around very nice.

How much power do you have, if any, and how much room for a box do you have ?

Oh, I've owned a 12HC and 2x 15SE's from last year, and still have an old 15XXX, until I order my new one.

- Steve

Two properly powered and properly installed Power HX2 15's would be very loud ...
The XXX's are all around very nice.

How much power do you have, if any, and how much room for a box do you have ?

Oh, I've owned a 12HC and 2x 15SE's from last year, and still have an old 15XXX, until I order my new one.

- Steve
As of now, I do not have an amp, so I got lots of options. On the room for the box question, I am putting it in the backseat of my '85 325e. It has what I would call a big backseat.

As of now, I do not have an amp, so I got lots of options. On the room for the box question, I am putting it in the backseat of my '85 325e. It has what I would call a big backseat.
Yeah, you have a lot of room for a box. Two HX2's may not be a bad choice in this situation - or save for a pair of XXX's if that's what you're set on ... but I'm betting the pair of HX2's would be louder than the single XXX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

Okay so two HX2's. I don't really have the time to save up, I am really itching to get a system. Would 1600 watts from a Power Acoustik amp be enough to push em both if they were both wired in parallel? THanks for the help and opinions everyone.

Okay so two HX2's. I don't really have the time to save up, I am really itching to get a system. Would 1600 watts from a Power Acoustik amp be enough to push em both if they were both wired in parallel? THanks for the help and opinions everyone.
No because I guarantee what you think is 1600 watts is more than likely about half of that because we are talking about power acoustik here.... anyway, for two of those you will need right around 2k watts of solid power...

A good choice would be two soundstream rubicons

http://www.millionbuy.com

2 HX2's should take the cake in SPL.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.