All about fusing!

were talking about fuses here....not wire. Quit being john kuthe and stay on track.

I thought you were saying if say I had a 100 ampere fuse, go for 125 amperage fuse.....didn't make sense to me.

were talking about fuses here....not wire. Quit being john kuthe and stay on track.
I thought you were saying if say I had a 100 ampere fuse, go for 125 amperage fuse.....didn't make sense to me.
If you have 200 amps of draw use a wire that can handle 250 and fuse it for 250. It offers much better preformance and is still perfectly safe. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yes. Larger wire means less restistance.Fusing isnt to protect the end device but the wiring.

Motors are slightly differet though. They have "heaters" designed to open before the windings in the motor but the wire is still fused before the starter..
Thats kinda how I figured mine, needed 750 amps capable and my gauge was rated at 350 amps for 20 ft so 3 runs @ 350 is 1050 aprox 25% over but I fused at 300 per run, I guess I could have fused at 350 ?

Thats kinda how I figured mine, needed 750 amps capable and my gauge was rated at 350 amps for 20 ft so 3 runs @ 350 is 1050 aprox 25% over but I fused at 300 per run, I guess I could have fused at 350 ?
Honestly i really doubt it would be noticable. Fuses aren't perfect. Play it hard a feel the fuse and the connections. If they arent hot dont sweat it..

I use a infrared temp meter to see if they have an inbalance load when i parallel connections. But if none if tgem are hot u ok. If one is hot you have a bad connection in the other two parallel lines.

Yes. Larger wire means less restistance.Fusing isnt to protect the end device but the wiring.

Motors are slightly differet though. They have "heaters" designed to open before the windings in the motor but the wire is still fused before the starter..
Can you guys get to page two of this thread ? Just another prob here at CA.com

NVM It started working lol

Stinger has decent fuse blocks.Industrial electrical produxts have to meet stiff standards. By far superior. Run a wire that will handle 125% of the maximum load and fuse according to the wires rated ampacity and you won't have a " bottle neck"..lol

sure the fuse adds resistance but thats why you use 125% figures.

Only fuse blocks and fuses I have ever used were Stinger. Never had a single issue even with an 8 amp install.

^^This user ain't drinkin'.
wtf you talkin' 'bout?!
Scary part is me neither lol Geting ready to go to bed and getting up and driving to Las Vegas for four days! Going to stop by FI may pick up a couple pair of the new 7" mids ? Not sure yet ?

Scary part is me neither lol Geting ready to go to bed and getting up and driving to Las Vegas for four days! Going to stop by FI may pick up a couple pair of the new 7" mids ? Not sure yet ?
vacation?

Funny you mention that. Both of my kids wanna go back for vacation. It might happen too. This would make it my 7th time there.

Oh ya...can't wait to get my Polks installed.

Bu4lyIMCcAEYWjd.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.