air bubbles

Participant count
  • Participant list

jinx8402
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
RI
I am building kickpanels for my Vifa PL mids, and while making the back molding I got some air bubbles. They aren't too bad though. I figured since it is only for kicks and not an actual sub box that it shouldnt be too bad, right? Well this was my first time using fiberglass, so I guess it was a good learning experience.

To answer your q's:

1) They aren't too big, just big enough to fit the 6.5's, since my car has the pedal type e-brake, not too much room.

2) They are right in the corners where kickpanels are typically made.

3) I only put 2 layers down so far, but I plan on putting a third, especially in the areas where it bubbled up.

So with this info, do you think it is ok that it bubbled up a little bit?

Oh yeah, if you're at all worried about it, you can just put a sanding bit in your dremel, sand the air bubbles off, then glass over the area.........or you can start over. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh, well there about 2 air bubbles, but they are both about 1/4 long by 1/8 wide. One is near the top, about 1 1/2 from the top, and the other close to the center, but near the bottom more. I like the idea of sanding them off and putting another layer down on top. I was actually thinking of doing just that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.