aeroports and reg. pvc

boomzilla
10+ year member

Got 'Roids?
Florida
is there a big difference between using the ports from PSP or anyother port manufacturer and using ports from home depot out of pvc?

i wanna do an aeroport box, but dont have the extra cash to throw on ports from PSP. if pvc will work just as good then ill do that, but is there a huge difference?

**** its a beautiful day out to build a box, hopefully i can make up my mind on port design so i can build it before it rains again lol, hows it out there in tampa tech?

boxkw2.jpg

Heres the design, Unrated made it for me! The only thing im concerned with is the aeroport issue. The box i have now was made quick to get my sub going. Its tuned somewhere around 32hz, and the lows sound like poop. the mid highs sound great, but i love my lows. the aeroports in the design are 9 13/16'' long, 3'' wide, and theres 2 of them making a tuning of 34hz, i want to lower that, but from what i understand i have to make both of them longer. can you guys give suggestions? its for a 12'' fi bl on about 1000wrms.

and all the chicken scratch is me, ms paint ***** dick.

i dont have a router.... would sand paper and a hella determination work just as good?
save the time and effort and just do an slot port your going to catch hell trying to sand pvc by hand. if u can just use 1 big ass pvc like an 8-12" pvc

boxkw2.jpg

Heres the design, Unrated made it for me! The only thing im concerned with is the aeroport issue. The box i have now was made quick to get my sub going. Its tuned somewhere around 32hz, and the lows sound like poop. the mid highs sound great, but i love my lows. the aeroports in the design are 9 13/16'' long, 3'' wide, and theres 2 of them making a tuning of 34hz, i want to lower that, but from what i understand i have to make both of them longer. can you guys give suggestions? its for a 12'' fi bl on about 1000wrms.

and all the chicken scratch is me, ms paint ***** dick.
how big is the box?

it was, i built the box originally for 2 12'' cvx's. 4.5 tuned to 32.

built the box, didnt fit the trunk, traded the subs, bought the bl.

I figured i could use half of the 4.5 and use the 2.25 or so left. cut it in half, and bam.

but in the process of building, i ****ed up the port and instead of putting it behind the baffle, i put it on the outside next to it. ill get a pic to show you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.