Aeroport Fire Position

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I just got my new enclosure in. i Have 2 6" aeros. im just curious, which way worked better for you

guys as far as SPL goes. i currently have them firing externally. but i would like some input

or opinions.

thanks in advance

What exactly are you asking? Do you want to know if internal port or external are better? Or are you asking which direction to fire the ports? Your post is kind of confusing...

I think your post is confusing people because you ask direction in the topic and then actual type in your post. Internal and external are not a direction. they are two different types.

note the spl scores in my sig for the 95 blazer are the aero ports mounted internally in the box. ive read and around it seems the for spl mounting the aero's externally tend to do better....

I am a firm believer in putting a V behind the mouth of the port on the inside of the box when you mount them internally. A local shop that has a bunch of MECA world titles introduced me to the idea and they swear by it and only used round ports for their builds. If you saw the number of trophies they have sitting around the shop is very convincing that they know what they are doing.

25270874069_medium.jpg

Leave the opening no less than half the width of the port. In the pic above the gap from the V to port tube is 4 1/4inches with 6inch pvc

Simply for numbers why not simply just TRY external in your build? Our hobby is interesting... You must go and test test test.

BTW - If you have the room, go external and point the port(s) into the opposite corner of the meter too.

I am a firm believer in putting a V behind the mouth of the port on the inside of the box when you mount them internally. A local shop that has a bunch of MECA world titles introduced me to the idea and they swear by it and only used round ports for their builds. If you saw the number of trophies they have sitting around the shop is very convincing that they know what they are doing.
25270874069_medium.jpg

Leave the opening no less than half the width of the port. In the pic above the gap from the V to port tube is 4 1/4inches with 6inch pvc

Interesting. Even for round ports you've had great luck with the corner build up like that. Hmm, perhaps I'll try it out too. Removable at first, and I'll test SPL scores while at it. It definitely helped with centered full height slot ports, but I'm excited to see what it does for round/round flared ports as well.

BTW - What are the specs on that enclosure (sticky icky) Kushy_Dreams? Also, dual 12" drivers with single 6" port?

The reason you see alot of external ports is to keep the box rise down. Smaller enclosures will have a lower rise than larger enclosures. So for better numbers its best to have a smaller enclosure with a large external port for TL numbers.

Simply for numbers why not simply just TRY external in your build? Our hobby is interesting... You must go and test test test.
BTW - If you have the room, go external and point the port(s) into the opposite corner of the meter too.
yea i know about were to fire them. mine are on drivers side so i meter on the passenger side. im just curious if externally really works better numbers wise. im at work so i cant test right now so i thought i would bump this up

25270874069_medium.jpg

??? not sure what you mean with the V. im at work so if theres a pic i cant see it right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.