Advise needed on subsonic filter on small sealed enclosure.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dvboy

I have a JL Audio 8W3v3 in a small sealed enclosure (.3 c/f).My concern is the subsonic filter setting,for whatever reason I find it has a fair bit more slam with the subsonic filter on my amp set at 10hz as opposed to 20hz?First of all does this make sense,and at 10hz the cone movement is really not that great even at high volumes,so would this be safe long term for the driver?

You just said it has more slam (louder?) but the cone doesn't move that much when set at 10hz compared to? I guess 20hz?

IF so, you just contradicted yourself so no, it doesn't make sense.

You just said it has more slam (louder?) but the cone doesn't move that much when set at 10hz compared to? I guess 20hz?
IF so, you just contradicted yourself so no, it doesn't make sense.

No,I didn't contradict myself,I simply said at 10hz it doesn't move close to beyond the limits of the driver,of corse it's going to move more than it does at 20hz.Maybe I will experiment with the bass boost a little,right now it's at the lowest setting.

at 10hz the cone movement is really not that great even at high volumes
No,I didn't contradict myself,I simply said at 10hz it doesn't move close to beyond the limits of the driver
Where? That's 2 totally different meanings.

We do not assume what anyone means. That's where mistakes happen.

Then Why the fvck are you asking for help if you just don't care what's right and what's wrong. No one is going to help you with any other questions if you act like that.
Sorry,that was meant for the previous post,this has gone off the tracks!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.