Advice on a LOC for the wife's car

IndyStreetRacer
10+ year member

I am looking to rework the wife's car. 2010 Mazda 6 with Bose. Door speakers are crackling and the sub just downright *****. I am going to add 2 amps to the car and am looking for advice for a LOC. I have been reading several posts here about the various brands and found that there have been complaints when using the Audio Control products with the Off Thump and don't want to have to explain why the stereo does that from the wife. I was looking at the JL Clean Sweep, but haven't ever worked with one first hand. I'm looking for recommendations for a quality piece. I would spend as much as $250. Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I haven't heard anything about the turn-on thump with AudioControl but I was going to suggest the six channel line driver they have.

where have you heard about this "thump" with Audiocontrol products? it's usually b/c the person that installed it doesn't have a proper ground or they didn't correctly place the grounding pins on the unit. either way you're probably going to need atleast a 6 channel LOC with summing capability b/c most stock Bose setups with a factory sub have all the speakers bandpassed at specific frequencies.

""I once used a LOC (audio control lc6i) and I had turn off thump. I messed with the grounds and what not for a couple hours, then said **** it and bought a new HU.""

That was a quote from a post a couple weeks ago. I don't think AC stuff is bad and always had good luck. I would not have an issue using it either, as long as that is not an issue. Happy Wife = Happy Life. I looked at the LC7 from Sonic as it's $10 cheaper than the LC6. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had good luck with various products. If I can get good results with a less expensive product, I'm all for it. I am installing the Bravox speakers I got from Parts Express for her which has to be a step up from the blown door speaker sound. I'm going with a single 10 in the trunk.

I also wonder if using one of these products will allow the use of the factory fader and balance controls ???????

^ that's ONE person. I wouldn't worry so much.

Really all you need is a basic 6 channel LOC, and tap the wires from BEFORE the bose amp, you'll be golden.

If you just need a LOC without any crossover capabilities the David Navone unit for about $25 is very good.
I have seen this mentioned in other posts. I sent them an email to see if they have something that will work for me. They list a 2 and 4 channel on their website. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
where have you heard about this "thump" with Audiocontrol products? it's usually b/c the person that installed it doesn't have a proper ground or they didn't correctly place the grounding pins on the unit. either way you're probably going to need atleast a 6 channel LOC with summing capability b/c most stock Bose setups with a factory sub have all the speakers bandpassed at specific frequencies.
I'm not sure I understand why I would need a 6 channel setup? Would that be for High, Mid, and Low frequencies or am I thinking wrong here?

I'm not sure I understand why I would need a 6 channel setup? Would that be for High, Mid, and Low frequencies or am I thinking wrong here?
if Bose did there set up in your car like they do in most of there other vehicles, than none of your speaker have a full range and you'll need to sum all of your speakers to get a single full signal. the Audiocontrol LC6i will accept 6 channels of input than sum up all the frequencies into 2 channels of full range output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.