Adire Shiva

SubCool
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY
Hey all, help me out.

I just recieved my Two Shiva's (12").

I was looking at these things and thinking, I got them cause nearly all of you said they are great speakers. Now unfortunetly i cant install them right yet since i spent the money for my amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif and box:banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif .

But while i was looking at these things. someone please tell me what is soo great about them..

from what i cant tell they are near paper coned.. my monkey is bigger than the magnet (yes i know magnets arent everything). i mean.. im quite confused. If these things are as great as you all say, how come the company is sooo proud of speaker that they Flaunt them so greatly by putting on a 2cents sticker on the side of the magnet with the model and company and thats it. i had to put my reading glasses on just to find that sticker. and i dont wear reading glasses. i mean im not totally doubting the speaker here.. i still havent heard it yet.. but, wtf?

Sub

Originally posted by SubCool Hey all, help me out.

I was looking at these things and thinking, I got them cause nearly all of you said they are great speakers. Now unfortunetly i cant install them right yet since i spent the money for my amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif and box:banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif .

But while i was looking at these things. someone please tell me what is soo great about them..

from what i cant tell they are near paper coned.. my monkey is bigger than the magnet (yes i know magnets arent everything). i mean.. im quite confused. If these things are as great as you all say, how come the company is sooo proud of speaker that they Flaunt them so greatly by putting on a 2cents sticker on the side of the magnet with the model and company and thats it. i had to put my reading glasses on just to find that sticker. and i dont wear reading glasses. i mean im not totally doubting the speaker here.. i still havent heard it yet.. but, wtf?

Sub
agreed. When you look at them, they don't look hardcore at all. They're all black and glossy, for god's sake. The magnet is small, yes, but it still puts out a nifty 15 mm Xmax, which is quite decent, especially for the price. The cone is "kevlar impregnated," which is fine. It's a good cone.

Adire is all about making quality product for decent prices and without allowing people to judge the book by its cover. Can we all agree on that? A local Adire Audio dealer told me something close to that, which seems pretty much correct.

Sub
If looks could kill, there are a lot of Made in China subs that LOOK really good...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If we wanted to waste design dollars on bling-bling, we'd have to change the name to Audiobahn Shiva...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What you bought is performance, with ZERO concern for look. Put them in, you'll be thinking a different tune soon enough. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Audiobahn Shiva :eek:. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif. I love the way companies like adire, RE, and Elemental designs are about their stuff. Straight performance.. No ********. I like a clean design though..Im not into the bling bling stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif If my subs pound, im happy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sub
Don't judge a book by its cover man. Try them, u may be surprised.

J

Ok yeah, it is agreed.. bling doesnt matter, but still... paper cone? And its might thin....

Know what i mean? it just looks like a speaker i would be taking out of my stock stereo car... paper cone, thin, basic frame. I mean if anything, it looks like it will only last a year or two.

Sub,

PS. i am rushing to get it installed.. i have to get the amp.. i spent all my money partying (ops) anyone got a good amp? I have been looking at the Crunch Blackmax, the Audio Acoustisc 4085? and the Orion 5004.

Originally posted by SubCool Ok yeah, it is agreed.. bling doesnt matter, but still... paper cone? And its might thin....

Know what i mean? it just looks like a speaker i would be taking out of my stock stereo car... paper cone, thin, basic frame. I mean if anything, it looks like it will only last a year or two.

Sub,

PS. i am rushing to get it installed.. i have to get the amp.. i spent all my money partying (ops) anyone got a good amp? I have been looking at the Crunch Blackmax, the Audio Acoustisc 4085? and the Orion 5004.
Unless he sold it already, Rangerman has a Phoenix gold Tantum1200.1

my friend absolutely loves Crunch stuff, and he swears that it's the best stuff money can buy. he also thinks legacy is awesome too. try the JBL 600.1 and wire the subs down to 2 ohm, each sub will get about 300W, which is perfectly fine for those subs. also, they're pretty cheap, something like $190 brand new, probably $140 off ebay

it still would be sick if they had a design like the audiobahns. why do you have to choose between show and go? why can't a sub be chromed out and look like a million bucks and still sound like a million too?

it still would be sick if they had a design like the audiobahns. why do you have to choose between show and go? why can't a sub be chromed out and look like a million bucks and still sound like a million too?
Because it costs more. Would you rather pay a boatload of cash for a great looking sub, or pay much less for a simple one?

I like how the Shiva looks, I like the simplicity of it. Although it would be nice if a logo or little design could get stamped on in the middle of the cone.

And SubCool - theres no way of telling how long a sub will last just by looking at it. How long it will last depends on the install. You sure as hell will not be disappointed with the Shivas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.