SOLD Adire Audio Koda 6.1 MKII Component Set

killcrap
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Chicago
best speakers for the money, i originally pair $349 for these speakers. XBL2 design. i installed these in my e39 with the speaker baffles from PENER. $280 shipped, it comes with everything you see in the pictures. the baffles, the wiring, and the complete speaker set. i had an Elemental Designes NINE.2X powering this for the last year and a half, and i also had this speakers install in my old 1995 maxima powered by a Soundstream Van Gough 500.4. the speakers are in excellent condition. i have made the connectors on these custom to just plug and play into the doors of any e39. you will need an aftermarket AMP. This is my second set as the first set never reached my doorstep freaking UPS(search the forum)

Frequency Response 60 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 3 dB

Efficiency 88 dB SPL @ 1W, 1m

Impedance 4 Ohms

Power Handling 100W RMS

Crossover Point 3.5 kHz, 6th order Linkwitz Riley

Woofer Size 6.5" diameter; 3" mounting depth

Tweeter Size 2.125" diameter; 0.625" mounting depth

Crossover Size 2.75" wide by 4.25" long by 1" high

Koda 6.1MkII Component Set

The Adire is known for great bass - now it's time to bring to the car audio market what Adire has been offering to the rest of the audio world for over 6 years. The Koda 6.1 component system is the result of Adire's efforts and the MKII is even better with improvment such as: speaker grills, pre-punched gaskets, mounting hardware and all electrical connectors. A true audiophile reference component set, these components are designed with all the meticulous attention of our home audio gear. Just with the unique requirements of the automotive environment in mind.

The Koda 6.1MkII is a full two way, 6.5" woofer/1" tweeter/dedicated crossover pair of automotive speakers, for $349. Custom drivers and parts all the way through, this set was designed from the ground up to do one thing: provide outstanding sound quality in an automotive environment, without requiring a second mortgage or a full custom installation.

Start with the Koda 6 midbass driver. Destined to set a new benchmark in what an automotive midbass/midrange driver should do, the Koda 6 is the perfect foundation for this system. Extremely flat and neutral over a wide range, this driver delivers stunning midrange quality. And with an honest 7mm of 1 way linear excursion, it has no equal in terms of midbass performance. In fact, some subwoofers would be happy to have the same level of linear excursion as this driver - no compromise, through and through.

We coupled this amazing midbass to an equally unique tweeter: our ACR1. This is a new ring dome driver, with a two layer (polyamide base with a vapor deposited aluminum top) diaphragm in a ring configuration. The result is fabulous dispersion - off-axis response is extremely broad and flat.

The crossover is also unique. A full 6th order solution, the crossover properly integrates the two drivers at 3.5 kHz. Housed in a custom plastic enclosure with gold plated screw down terminals, this crossover is compact, easy to wire, and quite attractive. Stuff it under a seat, or hide in a door, or mount in plain view in the front of you amp rack - it's at home in all those locations.

However, it's what's on the inside that counts, and that's where this crossover really takes off. It uses high quality air core inductors only (no bar core inductors, which eliminates the potential for saturation). And the best part - polypropylene capacitors only. A major upgrade from the much more common mylar and electrolytic units found in other car audio crossovers. Polypropylene caps are de rigeur in high end home audio (where our roots are), and we bring that level of finesse to car audio. Extreme sound quality demands this level of componentry, and we delivered.

The system as a whole is designed to yield a flat off-axis response (30-50 degrees off axis), as is found in most car audio installs. The result is ultra-smooth in-car response when using stock locations. No need to expensive pods or highly customized door panels. Use factory locations, get full-custom sound.

thanks for the comments, i need a buyer, i dont want to sell them, but they i dont want to put them in the M5 because they are not dual voice coils, and it will not work with the bluetooth system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.