Adding tweeters to front channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

chawski
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a question regarding adding tweeters to my front speakers. I currently have alpine type s speakers upront. I want to add some tweeters to the front to try to get some more hi's. Is it doable to just add a xover and the tweeters and run the 6.5s and the tweeters like that? Also, is it possible to just use bass reducers going to the tweeters to get around wiring a crossover? This is just a daily driver, only running about 45watt/channel to the 6.5s

Thanks!

Are your type s speakers coaxials or seperates? If they're coaxials, and you plan to add tweeters, why not ditch them altogether and upgrade to a decent pair of components?

tweeters are cheaper than a whole new component and i figure if I already have a fairly decent 6.5, theres no need to fix whats not broken.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.