Adding tweeters to existing speakers inputs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

51 Chevy

CarAudio.com Newbie
It wanted to add 2 pair of extra tweeters 1 set front and 1 set back back. I already have 2 /4 ohm speakers ganged up on an A/D/S PS5;which can handle the 2 ohms fine ,had it that way for years on my old car. If I add tweeters also will this put to much strain on the amp, or cause tweeters don’t demand much power would it be ok.? Thanks

Attachments

• B4944786-C906-44A4-BBF2-0641267FE5FE.jpeg
    B4944786-C906-44A4-BBF2-0641267FE5FE.jpeg
    706.1 KB · Views: 25
Looks like you have a small mid and tweeter already....
Yes, Those are 1 set of what I want to hook up. Polk mid/ Tweets,fronts would be Boston Acoustic Tweets only . Old School. The Polks aren’t hooked up yet. I believe I had it this way before in my 51 Chevy Truck for years just fine. Now I’m putting the system into a ML320 and can’t remember.

Yes, Those are 1 set of what I want to hook up. Polk mid/ Tweets,fronts would be Boston Acoustic Tweets only . Old School. The Polks aren’t hooked up yet. I believe I had it this way before in my 51 Chevy Truck for years just fine. Now I’m putting the system into a ML320 and can’t remember.
Ive had those Polk tweet and Mid Combo set up back in 90 I believe. Ive been looking for a set forever..I the 3 way set up along with the woofer 5.25 and I believe it came with a crossover? Cant remember.I had that system installed due to working all the time. But had them on a Concord/JBL GTQ 400 with some JBL GTQ 6.5s in rear doors with (4) of the T102 bazookas in the trunk of an 87 Accord on a Concord HU with a Hercules VII, and had a Concord CA 50.2 on some other set of 6.5 JBLs in the front doors with a JBL 3 way external Xover. Those Polks sound really nice. I would run them on their own Channels @ 4ohms if at all possible and not run the risk running them with another 4 ohm tweeter 2 ohms at a higher freq, as the mid will not perform correctly.Amps always run harder and run warmer at a lower Ohm load as well. If you do decide to run at 2 ohms.. I would make sure you have some Xovers to keep the proper low freq. out of the mix. I dont remember if those Polkshave an Xover for the tweets.? I would still recommend one for the mid regardless

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...