Adding HP!!! How???

thumpinblazr
10+ year member

Now i know that there are quite a few people on here that know a whole lot about speed and engines. So Im asking for your help.

What would be the best (and preferably cheapest) way to add horsepower to my friends 2000 S10 xtreme? It has the 4.3 liter vortec engine. Our thoughts were a hypertech performance chip, new exhaust, and maybe a K&N air filter, but besides that we are stuck.

what do u all think of this? anyone know any tricks that can be done to this engine?

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

Dustin

haha mike looking for things to do to his truck again??? I think he should just not worry about more power since he has a 95 mph governer on it!!! haha and anways he should buy his subs first...

I THOUGHT AND I THOUGHT AND I THOUGHT WHEN I SAW THIS POST......WELL I FINALLY CAME UP WITH THE PERFECT ANSWER......

DUDE, YOU NEED NAWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...................HAHAHAHAHA JUST JOKIN

i recomend the chip for better fuel ecomomy and to ge rid of the stupid governer.

next, just put a supercharger on it. if you do all those little mods (exaust, intake, crap like that) you will gain about .1 sec on your 0-60 time and already spent half of the $$$ a supercharger would cost. plus, SCs for that engine are pretty cheap if i remember.

save up and get what you want the first time, that way you dont regret it later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.