Adding 3rd amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

lurice0

do i need two of these rca input splitters? what would you change about this setup?

If it was me I'd just use the deck ..and one of the Audiopipe splitters ... do away with the RF 360 and 2nd Audiopipe splitter. Your deck has enough processing built in . It would keep things simple . Go from deck to splitter to your amps then to your speakers ...

Louisiana_CRX, thanks someone else just said the exact same things in another forum, so I will definitely only use one Audiopipe splitter, but I am used to the DSP.
You're right the DSP only adds a few more EQ bands and the ability to select between Butterworth and the other crossover types. I tune it with the RTA and the mic and the pink noise and all that and I learned a lot but I still don't know if it could be tuned better, I mean it sounds good to me but it's a lot of work.

Louisiana_CRX, thanks someone else just said the exact same things in another forum, so I will definitely only use one Audiopipe splitter, but I am used to the DSP.
You're right the DSP only adds a few more EQ bands and the ability to select between Butterworth and the other crossover types. I tune it with the RTA and the mic and the pink noise and all that and I learned a lot but I still don't know if it could be tuned better, I mean it sounds good to me but it's a lot of work.
Its definitely a nice processor .. I'd hold onto it ..you may want to use it in some sort of old school build someday .. it would be really nice paired up to an rfx9300 or something like that ...

Hello again,

I made some of the suggested changes, including getting rid of the DSP and adding different speakers. I'm open to any other suggestions. My question is
Do I have that RCA Splitter hooked up correctly? Or do ALL RCA's need to connect through it?

Attachments

• CAR AUDIO SYTEM MAPnewest.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 278
Hello again,

I made some of the suggested changes, including getting rid of the DSP and adding different speakers. I'm open to any other suggestions. My question is
Do I have that RCA Splitter hooked up correctly? Or do ALL RCA's need to connect through it?
I'm of the opinion that with 5V pre-outs your DDx903S' main job is acting as a splitter and not a line driver because your signal integrity is already top notch so long as you don't have ridiculous slack on your RCA cables. It would take a lot of coils to ruin a 5v signal unless you've got it sharing a wire mesh with the Bat+ or something.

For that reason I'd just focus on getting the RCAs to where they need to go, I might try with and without the line driver, but I wouldn't expect to hear a difference other than requiring lower gain levels. 10V is quite a bit and you might start getting to a point of the gain knobs not going low enough on some amps. My RF Prime mono amp has that issue with an 8v signal.

As for other suggestions I think it looks pretty good. Maybe add the box parameters on the subwoofers rather than just the rears. My next step if you haven't already would be a focus on sound deadening and sound proofing. If you're going for a competition build that doesn't always help with numbers, but it virtually always makes sound quality better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.