Addictive Audio Excruci8----This sub ROCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

primetime1267
10+ year member

Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

1284854204excruci8mini2.jpg

1284854192excruci8mini1.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to shed some light on a nice little (not really little) 8" sub that is out there.

I picked up the Addictive Audio Excruci8, it was on the shelf at my local stereo shop and it was, well, a scratch and dent deal. The cone had the usual pesky kids finger poke/press on the cone, so it's dented, I didn't care, for the price they offered me I couldn't refuse. And I still got the warranty as well.

I had their box builder design/build the box for me since he is very familiar with these subs.

Box is a ported enclosure .9 tuned @37 with a 3" flared port.

Here are some specs from their website(I have actual specs at home also):

Features:

Thick Wide Roll Butyl Rubber Surround – Adds surround longevity in small diameter woofers as opposed to a foam surround.

Long Strand Kevlar Reinforced Paper Pulp Cone – Allows for maximum output without cone distortion.

Stamped Steel Basket with Perimeter Venting Beneath the Spider

Laminated 3 layer NC3© Spider Assembly – NC3© spider composition is a proprietary performance enhanced blend of materials on all Addictive Audio speakers.

Integrated Tinsel Leads to Prevent Cone Slapping and/or Separation

Proprietary MAC© Motor Assembly for Maximum Cooling of the Coil and Motor by Forcing Air Through Strategically Placed Vents on Both the Coil Former and Motor.

Available Sizes: 8″

Break-in Period: 3 weeks

Voice Coil Impedance: Dual 4ohm and Dual 2ohm

Voice Coil Former Type: Black Anodized Aluminum with Our MAC© Cooling Technology

Voice Coil: 2″ 8 Layer Round Wound Copper

Motor Weight: 190 Ounces

Continuous Power Handling: 250 (very conservative rating)

Maximum Power Handling: 600

So I started running this sub off the rear channel of my Massive Audio NX4, the amp didn't really care for the sub ******* the life out of it (got EXTREMELY hot). So I picked up the Massive Audio N3, WOW!! This amp made a HUGE difference in the characteristics of the sub (running 450 watts @ 4 ohms) The is a 2ohm DVC.

I have never heard a 8" get down and dirty like this little guy does. And I have this sub firing up and rear facing port in the back of a Yukon XL. My truck is fairly large and went it dumps, the mirror shakes and so do both side mirrors and you can feel it your chest. You def. wouldn't know that an *' sub resides in the back undercover.

Needless to say, I wanted a sub that didn't take up much space and be removed quickly if I needed the extra space for the family or camping. And I also wanted to try something different that not everyone was using out there. Now I really would like to see what 2 of these Excruci8's could do on some serious power.

Well, this is my first review, so I hope I opened up some other options for people searching around for 8" subs that can handle some power and play beautifully through all ranges of music genre's.

th_8dae45a68093ead8a91970f3885d14e9_1284853957excruci8mainprod.jpg

nice review...... how much it run you
I payed $90 for the sub and another $100 to have the box built & carpeted..

I can't wait till the sub breaks in, I have about another 1.5 weeks left. It may even take a bit longer since I don't drive the Yukon to often.

I payed $90 for the sub and another $100 to have the box built & carpeted..
I can't wait till the sub breaks in, I have about another 1.5 weeks left. It may even take a bit longer since I don't drive the Yukon to often.
thats good......

I cant find these addictive Audio's online for sale, are they only at local shops? its hard to find local shop that will give decent pricing, always way too overpriced

im a AA dealer if your looking for these subs, I can let you no now it will be mid April before there available again though. PM me for pricing

It sounded good in my Yukon on the Massive Audio amp.. I have recently sold the Yukon and picked up a F250 crew cab. I thought I was going to have to get the box rebuilt to fit in the truck or make a totally custom enclosure for the center console. But I took out the rear seat and flipped my seat brackets to gain about 3" of clearance. One of my buddies at the local shop said it would sound horrible in the F250 compared to my Yukon. I think it gets down even better than the old Yukon. I would love to get my hands on 1 or 2 of these puppies in the future and see how they really sound.

Honestly, you wouldn't be disappointed in getting this sub. I'm not sure how it compares to an SA8, but I'm totally satisfied with this little guy.

I cant find these addictive Audio's online for sale, are they only at local shops? its hard to find local shop that will give decent pricing, always way too overpriced
Since you are in my area, sort-of.. You could call where I got mine from, "Mad Marks Stereo" in Bradenton.. They probably have some of the BEST prices for everything you need to find. They are a JL Audio, Kicker, AA, Massive Audio, etc dealers... Ask for Terry of Khai, and tell them that Dion sent ya over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

primetime1267

10+ year member
primetime1267
Sarasota, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied