add one more 10 or upgrade to one 12 or even 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

AZhomegrown
10+ year member

desert
Ok basically right now i have a pioneer 10 inch ts-w1008d2 champion series woofer. It pushes 350rms and i running it with a pioneer gm-7300m 400w 2ohm rms/200w 4ohm rms. I got the sub for a different amp so the match isnt quite perfect. I mean 200w to a 350w sub isnt terrible its almost 60 percent power which i heard is good but not sure, i dont want to overpower though. I want a little more bass and want to utilize this amp and basically i can add one more 10 giving 200 watts to each of them. Basically i am curious whether or not it would be better and i guess louder to have 1 400w rms 12 or even 15 inch subwoofer. I say 12 or 15 because i want some boom but i want quick drum tracks to play well too like punk drums. I need a new box regardless so off the bat im going to have that expense. Getting another 10inch pioneer will cost me around 70 bucks so the upgrade to the 2 10s would be least expensive and i wouldnt waste the other sub i already have. What would be most efficient i dont mind spending a little extra cash on a single 12 or 15 but i dont really want to go over 150-200 for the sub. would 2 subs be better then one? I just feel like 60% power to the 2 10s will still not give me the loudness i need that i think i would get if got a single larger sub that matched the rms a bit closer. sorry for rambling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.