adapting mp3s to cd8053

jntars RTAs?
i have access to two RTA's so I don't need to do all the uploading stuff.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I'm about to go active with my 8053 and jump into pro mode.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

There's no audible difference between preout voltages.
Please go into detail. There might not be an audible difference when running both unbalanced, but literally every single person I talk to who has ran both notices a difference between the 16v balanced and 8v unbalanced, including FoxPro5 on here, to whom I just sold my balanced line adapter for his 8053.

Please go into detail. There might not be an audible difference when running both unbalanced, but literally every single person I talk to who has ran both notices a difference between the 16v balanced and 8v unbalanced, including FoxPro5 on here, to whom I just sold my balanced line adapter for his 8053.
What it does is lower your overall noise floor. But it doesn't affect SQ at all. If you don't have any noise problems with 8volts then you won't need 16volts. The biggest differences you'd see would be the fact that your gains on your amps would be lower than if you used 8volts.

But how many amps can handle such a high voltage signal?? I'm not going to claim to know but I don't think there are many unless after the BLA the signal goes down in voltage.

Two completely different things.

I was talking voltage vs voltage, not balanced vs unbalanced as you are attempting to compare.

Heck, they could have went from 8V unbalanced to 2V balanced and heard that same difference, if they (for example) had some noise in their system that running balanced eliminated.

The difference they heard could have been due to the switch to the balanced system...or simply due to psychoacoustics. But it definitely was not because of the difference in voltage level. Also note that the balanced signal would have to actually do something productive (such as reduce noise) in order to actually "sound" different. Otherwise it was pure pyschoacoustics, nothing more. It sounded better because they wanted it to sound better.

But how many amps can handle such a high voltage signal?? I'm not going to claim to know but I don't think there are many unless after the BLA the signal goes down in voltage.
The signal out of the BLA is dropped down to 8V or 10V (can't remember off hand). It's only 16V into the BLA from the 8053

The signal out of the BLA is dropped down to 8V or 10V (can't remember off hand). It's only 16V into the BLA from the 8053
Ok, so at this point then it is an unbalanced signal and is fed to the amps as that??

Yes, the signal out of the BLA is unbalanced. The point of the BLA is to run balanced the entire length of your vehicle for noise purposes, placing the BLA as close to the amps as possible, and only running unbalanced a very short length for amps that do not accept balanced.

Ok, so at this point then it is an unbalanced signal and is fed to the amps as that??
Yup.

As kpr10is correctly identified, the point of the BLA is to allow you to run a balanced signal through the vehicle (and hence through the major noise-inducing area of the vehicle), only switching to back unbalanced right before input into the amplifier where the possibility of noise being induced is very low.

What it does is lower your overall noise floor. But it doesn't affect SQ at all. If you don't have any noise problems with 8volts then you won't need 16volts. The biggest differences you'd see would be the fact that your gains on your amps would be lower than if you used 8volts.
The "A" in BLA stands for adapter. All amps could then take advantage of the balanced signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

thadman

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
thadman
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date