Clarion VRX755VD vs VRX765VD

Participant count
  • Participant list

MitchC
10+ year member

Canada
Hey,

I posted asking questions about touchscreen decks. I think that I have narrowed my selection down to one brand, Clarion, and two models:

Clarion VRX755VD (2005 Model)

0510cae_clarion_02_z.jpg

$1150.00 CAD

Clarion VRX765VD (2006 Model)

VRX765VD-2.jpg

$1500.00 CAD

Like I've mentioned before, I am getting this deck for it's iPod compatibility. What I would like to ask you guys is, is the 2006 model $350.00 better than the 2005 model? Do you know if the 2005 model is capable of playing video directly off the iPod like the 2006 model?

Also, the VRX765VD (2006) doesn't come out until April, so I'd be waiting till then before I could use it.

What do you think?

Thank you for all your comments and knowledge in advance,

Mitch

Hey,

What does a guy have to do to earn a reply around here? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Mitch

I don't see too many posts on this forum about DVD decks like that, so don't take it personally. Most people here seem to care more about time alignment, EQ, preamp voltage, and crossovers in their headunits.

Sorry, I can't help you with your questions either, but generally speaking I think Clarion kicks butt. Even my girlfriends' DXZ555 that I got for $80 sounds fantastic.

The only thing I'd be unsure of is the video playback.

I owned a VRX745VD and loved it, excellent picture and control. Tho, it didn't have the internal processing I wanted so I got rid of it.

It was nice to have though. Clarion makes good DVD units. If the video playback from the iPod is a concern though, that's up to you whether you want to wait and pay $350 more. To me, I'd just take the 755 b/c I'm not worried about the iPod Video...and it has a small LCD screen that you can see while the screen is in.

NG

Weird thing...I wrote a post earlier kinda about this same thing....sorry to add to this but what about the 935VD? Anyone know what year that is from?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. It's good to hear that which ever deck I chose, I am getting quality from Clarion.

I contacted Clarion Canada and tried speaking to one of the head guys there and was going to ask him about the decks. We just missed eachother a couple of times throughout the day. I will give him a call tomorrow and keep you posted.

Mitch

Hey guys,
Thanks for the replies. It's good to hear that which ever deck I chose, I am getting quality from Clarion.

I contacted Clarion Canada and tried speaking to one of the head guys there and was going to ask him about the decks. We just missed eachother a couple of times throughout the day. I will give him a call tomorrow and keep you posted.

Mitch
Good luck man, they should get you set straight.

nG

I've used the 755 a decent amount, and the only downside is the lack of processing, like Noah mentioned with the 745. Other then that, it is an awesome unit.

MitchC- not sure if Crutchfield will ship to Canada- but they have the 755 for $899- that's with a full warranty- can't beat that IMO.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JtBW8nCwZIc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=020VRX755&g=168550&search=Clarion+VENDORID020&SearchDisplay=Clarion

The iPod playback on the 755 is awesome...best iPod interfacing I've seen to date...and I've used the Alpine, Pioneer, and Kenwood iPod interfaces so far.

I've used the 755 a decent amount, and the only downside is the lack of processing, like Noah mentioned with the 745. Other then that, it is an awesome unit.
MitchC- not sure if Crutchfield will ship to Canada- but they have the 755 for $899- that's with a full warranty- can't beat that IMO.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JtBW8nCwZIc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=020VRX755&g=168550&search=Clarion+VENDORID020&SearchDisplay=Clarion

The iPod playback on the 755 is awesome...best iPod interfacing I've seen to date...and I've used the Alpine, Pioneer, and Kenwood iPod interfaces so far.
Indeed. I'd jump all over it from Crutchfield.

nG

Hey,

This is a reply I wanted, someone who has used the deck. Thanks mate! As far as Crutchfield goes, they do not ship to Canada. I am getting the deck here for cost + shipping and taxes, so it's a good price.

When you say it lacks processing? What exactly do you refer to?

WHen you used the iPod interface, did you find it slow at all? I've heard one of the issues with the iPod on the multimedia screens are the fact that it's quite slow? And I am guessing each year would be faster, but it the 755 doesn't have issues... I have no reason to not get it.

Thanks!

Mitch

Hey,
This is a reply I wanted, someone who has used the deck. Thanks mate! As far as Crutchfield goes, they do not ship to Canada. I am getting the deck here for cost + shipping and taxes, so it's a good price.

When you say it lacks processing? What exactly do you refer to?

WHen you used the iPod interface, did you find it slow at all? I've heard one of the issues with the iPod on the multimedia screens are the fact that it's quite slow? And I am guessing each year would be faster, but it the 755 doesn't have issues... I have no reason to not get it.

Thanks!

Mitch
For the processing, there really wasn't much control over the music- at least not what I figured there would be. It still has the basic settings and adjustments, but I guess I just figured there would be more. I don't think that's something that would deter me from getting the 755, though.

As for the iPod interface, I didn't find it to be slow at all. We hooked up 3 different iPods and it didn't have a problem with any of them.

Unless your the kind of person that wants to have the newest thing out, or you're really set on the iPod video playback that the 765 has, I'd say go for the 755. It's an awesome unit and I'm sure you'd be pleased with it.

For the processing, there really wasn't much control over the music- at least not what I figured there would be. It still has the basic settings and adjustments, but I guess I just figured there would be more. I don't think that's something that would deter me from getting the 755, though.
As for the iPod interface, I didn't find it to be slow at all. We hooked up 3 different iPods and it didn't have a problem with any of them.

Unless your the kind of person that wants to have the newest thing out, or you're really set on the iPod video playback that the 765 has, I'd say go for the 755. It's an awesome unit and I'm sure you'd be pleased with it.

This is great to know! Thank you man. Is anyone sure the 755 cannot support video playbakc off the iPod? For $350... I think I can do without it on the 755.

Thanks alot for helping me get closer to my decision.

Mitch

Hey! I have the clarion currently

690229d7.jpg

2df48246.jpg

What he means by the processing is that there isnt much eq options in the deck. Theres frequency, depth of frequency i guess you wanna call it some othe rlittle options, not very much. But the overall unit is great, i havent had a problem with any dvd playback yet, the screen is very clear, i like how you can see the time. I'm pretty sure this does not play video off the ipod not 100% sure, abou t80%. I have not used the ipod control because i dont have an ipod i have a iaudio. The sound coming from this unit is definatley good nontheless, alot better than the alpine H/u i had in there before. If you need any questions asked about th eunit i can answer for you since i own it.

Mike

Hey guys,

So I talked to Dave at Clarion Canada. We played 'phoned tag' for a few days. He left me a message to reply to my initial question, the difference between the 755 and 765. In his message, he simply said the 765 supports video from the iPod. Also, the faceplate was different. Nothing you guys hadn't already told me, I know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I phoned him today and actually got ahold of him. I stated that I had heard some of the decks that supported the iPod were slow while navigating from the deck. I told him, I am getting this deck because I am going to be using only my iPod. His suggestion was to wait for the 765. He said he played with a proto-type about two weeks ago. The menus were much better, looking and more like the iPod. He mentioned it was very fast and just an all around deck.

So, I think I have made my decision. I am pretty confident that I will wait for the 765 to come out in April-ish. Now I have more time to save... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I will let you guys know how it goes. Thank you for all your advice!

Mitch

Hey guys,
So I talked to Dave at Clarion Canada. We played 'phoned tag' for a few days. He left me a message to reply to my initial question, the difference between the 755 and 765. In his message, he simply said the 765 supports video from the iPod. Also, the faceplate was different. Nothing you guys hadn't already told me, I know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I phoned him today and actually got ahold of him. I stated that I had heard some of the decks that supported the iPod were slow while navigating from the deck. I told him, I am getting this deck because I am going to be using only my iPod. His suggestion was to wait for the 765. He said he played with a proto-type about two weeks ago. The menus were much better, looking and more like the iPod. He mentioned it was very fast and just an all around deck.

So, I think I have made my decision. I am pretty confident that I will wait for the 765 to come out in April-ish. Now I have more time to save... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I will let you guys know how it goes. Thank you for all your advice!

Mitch
ok sounds good, when you get it make sure you let us know cause if it is diffi might wanna upgrade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.