acura integra hatch...face sub in which directions?

whats the advantage of sub up rather than sub back
In my experience, sub up port back only gained from about 45-55hz. It was louder in that range but the low end was terrible. It made things really peaky.

This is what I have typed in another thread almost identical to this one:

I really wouldn't do subs and port up in a '99 integra hatch. You lose a ton of low end doing that. I would do sub and port back as close to the rear as possible. That's how I run subs in my '99 hatch and I have experimented with these different configurations:

sub and port facing me

sub and port facing rear

sub up port up

sub side port side

sub up port back

sub back port side

In all those, I will take sub back port back any day of the week. If you only care about being loud around 45-50hz, sub up port back works well but there is nothing below 40hz for me. Sub back port back has a nice response dropping pretty low with the hatch resonating around 30hz so it added a nice gain. I only really got this with sub and port back. When I put some expanding foam in there, this point went up to about 38hz.

Another thing... I owned an IDQv2 12d2 and it definitely had the flattest response and the best sound with sub and port facing the rear. Oh, and rattling isn't a huge problem with those cars. They flex before they rattle and they flex all over.

In my experience, sub up port back only gained from about 45-55hz. It was louder in that range but the low end was terrible. It made things really peaky.
This is what I have typed in another thread almost identical to this one:

I really wouldn't do subs and port up in a '99 integra hatch. You lose a ton of low end doing that. I would do sub and port back as close to the rear as possible. That's how I run subs in my '99 hatch and I have experimented with these different configurations:

sub and port facing me

sub and port facing rear

sub up port up

sub side port side

sub up port back

sub back port side

In all those, I will take sub back port back any day of the week. If you only care about being loud around 45-50hz, sub up port back works well but there is nothing below 40hz for me. Sub back port back has a nice response dropping pretty low with the hatch resonating around 30hz so it added a nice gain. I only really got this with sub and port back. When I put some expanding foam in there, this point went up to about 38hz.

Another thing... I owned an IDQv2 12d2 and it definitely had the flattest response and the best sound with sub and port facing the rear. Oh, and rattling isn't a huge problem with those cars. They flex before they rattle and they flex all over.
My subs lowend did exactly this with the port up. Face it towards the rear, i had less rattling this way also but i have more deadening than most

and my car is a 00 integra hatch btw

its all about purpose. if you are going for straight SPL, its been proven that sub up + port back = better numbers in the lanes in hatch backs. people have tried everything in their CRX's and thats the best way to do it.

as far as im concerned, infinite baffle is the best way to go with IDQ's, but if you want to go sealed or ported for daily driving purposes port\sub back. i have a gti (in sig) as you can see. similar vehicle and two idq15's

sub up port back then? u sure on this one cuz i will probably customize the box with a plexiglass screen so it will always stay sub up port back.
ya dude i have basically the same car as you and tried sub and port back ,then sub up port back..the 2nd made a huge difference.

well i prefer sub up/port back because in my case, my car doesnt rattle as much. like right now, i have sub/port rear, and with the same songs, it rattles much more than before.

now i am not saying this is a fact, but in my experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.