active headunits

A little off topic, but what exactly is an active headunit and what are the benefits?
An "active headunit" is a headunit that has the internal processing ability to allow you to actively crossover over your frontstage with the HU's internal active crossover.

For the benefits/disadvantages of running your frontstage active, the search function contains all of your answers.

we should have an active thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yeah...I think it's going to have to come to that. Something that describes what active is, benefits/disadvantages, means of acheiving an active setup, etc etc.

But I just flat out don't feel like doing it tonight myself...LOL. Maybe tommorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

^^hahaha. Yea i told that one guy that i would might write a write up on the basics of an active crossover. i said i would write it on yestererday. did I? nope, too lazy as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

it has active crossovers on it so you can control the crossover points for your speakers, just more tuning options so you can find whats best for you rather than having passive crossovers that use predetermined crossover points.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.