Access to rear USB/AUX plug on HU?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wfs0801
10+ year member

I'm soon going to be installing a system into my 2012 Nissan Altima, and I have a question that might seem kind of dumb, but I'd like to get an answer to none the less.

The HU has a short wire coming from the back that has a USB attachment on it, how/where would I place this to have easy access? I listen to all my music on my iPod, and I'd like to take advantage of the USB port but I don't know where I could put it that would allow me to easily plug and unplug my iPod each time I got out of the car.

Under the spot for my HU there is a small console, I was thinking of possibily drilling a hole in the top of it and putting the USB wire into that hole so I could just place my iPod inside the console, it'd be out of sight and still convenient. I haven't removed the stock HU yet though so I'm not sure if there is room or not. I just wanted to see how it was usually done, or what others opinions might be on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.