Acceleration Problems

Kimb0
10+ year member

hey all im posting this topic in search of help for my friend. he has bought a Holden commodore VS and has had alot of problems with it from day one. he has fixed alot of the problems now $1500 later. but his car still cuts out occasionally whilst driving and it has poor acceleration the car seems to want to move forward but pulls back and you can feel it shake while accelerating. any ideas ?

726px-Holden_VE_commodore_omega_03.jpg

ooo pretty car... to bad i know nothing about them

726px-Holden_VE_commodore_omega_03.jpg

ooo pretty car... to bad i know nothing about them

Twistid ~

Holden is what GM is known as in Australia //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The Commodore typically uses GM's 3.8L v6 in almost all models.

As far as the OP's posted problem....

TPS (throttle position sensor) going bad?

Simply needs a tune-up?

The given description of the problem is pretty vague, unfortunately, and could be the result of many different things, actually.

Where in Oz are you, Kimb0??

hey all im posting this topic in search of help for my friend. he has bought a Holden commodore VS and has had alot of problems with it from day one. he has fixed alot of the problems now $1500 later. but his car still cuts out occasionally whilst driving and it has poor acceleration the car seems to want to move forward but pulls back and you can feel it shake while accelerating. any ideas ?
Slacking is acceleration could be anything from dragging brakes to ignition problems to fuel delivery. You need to be more specific in describing the symptoms and conditions if you hope that someone can diagnose the problem via an internet forum.

i live in perth Aust.

Fuel pump replaced

fuel filter replaced

spark plugs replaced

starter motor replaced

New oil change

new battery

alarm system ripped out (might have caused fuel problems) car used to not start.

full service aswell

it was sitting with 1/4 tank in it for 6 months while other owner was overseas before my mate bought it. the problem the car starts perfectly now the idle is perfect when he goes to accelerate the car just shudders i heard it could be a blocked exhuast or internal computer problem :S also his car randomly stalls idle or driving just cuts out.

so these are the only problems left.

Then go try them out, have him send it to a computer tune place. Check your exhaust, you also replaced the spark plugs but have you checked the coil? It could even be something as bad as damaged internals.

It sounds like he has a lemon :eek:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.