ac to dc converter for home

yeah then i will have to recharge it and it will cost me over 60 bucks for a cheap one....rather buy something designed for this type of application.

thanks any way

just give me the size money is not a problem, i'm sure i'll find it somewhere cheaper than what it costs...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

how about one of those car battery chargers that are portable and can plug into the wall outlet to be charged up? can i just have it plugged into the wall outlet and have it connected to amp and have the amp pumping some subs? how long do you think it will last?

your problem is finding something that will give you the amperage you need, A charger has low amperage so it wont fry the battery it is chargeing. your standard 110 outlet is only on a 20 amp breaker, most amps are bigger than that. ac voltage and dc voltage is two totally differant animals and converting it into a high amp dc current can be diffacult.

THAT would technically be called an inverter i think

converter would be from dc to ac.

power inverters are expensive but go to http://www.radioshack.com or get a power cord that is for a gadget that requires 12vdc and check for the amps (ie phone plug usually about 650 milliamps) but a printer cord = 30amps i think .... that would work

Originally posted by ReversdPolarity THAT would technically be called an inverter i think

converter would be from dc to ac.

power inverters are expensive but go to http://www.radioshack.com or get a power cord that is for a gadget that requires 12vdc and check for the amps (ie phone plug usually about 650 milliamps) but a printer cord = 30amps i think .... that would work
I all most bet you a printer doesn't take 30A DC. That would be a HUGE transformer about the size of a street bike battery

Can I run my audio off the battery while its on charge I have a pretty good charger that has 3 setting qucik charge med. charge and slow charge it also has a option to start your car off the charger. so can i run my audio off a battery while its on charge ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.