About to pull the trigger what do you think?

The exhaust is personal preference, I drive with my windows down most times and I can hear my exhaust and it doesn't bother me, just used to it, as said if you we're going for a Sound Quality aspect then it would hinder it a bit and you would need some CCF.

As for what speakers to use specifically once you hit the $200+ mark it becomes personal preference (or any speaker for that matter) read reviews of the speakers if they sound like what you'd like then go for them.

As for headunit, I would run NEW an Excelon headunit or the higher end Pioneer (even though I will most likely never use one) currently I have an Eclipse 5030 and love it. Look for the things you will use so you're not paying for stuff you won't. I look for 1. 3 preouts 2. iPod/USB 3. NOW being able to go active with my sound stage, with the 5030 I got Bluetooth for free really with the price I paid.

Well the past couple days in all the cars I have been driving I fade the speakers to the front to see how it sounds. In all cases I feel like something is missing and I am wondering if I will regret not picking up a sub. Its funny cause when I fade back to 50/50 I dont notice the need as much...maybe its me?

You lacking low(er) end up front and it probably being supplied by slightly larger speakers in the rear. I always prefer to have a sub for the lows rather than rely on a two or three way front stage. I think you will be happier with having a good two way front and a small sub, even a 8 or 10 in a small sealed box.

For active, processing takes place prior to the amplifier as opposed to passive where the processing occurs after the amplifier. With a active setup, you set your crossover point either through the headunit, an external processor, or the amp, while a passive system uses a passive crossover that automatically sets the points for you. Active gives you more control but is more difficult while passive is as easy as running the wires from the amp to the crossover then to the tweets and the woofers.

^Thanks. I did some reading on a few threads here about passive and active and what not. I think for me its more plug and play cause I would just screw crap up...

BTW I think I have narrowed it down to either Image Dynamics and CDT for components and Arc Audio and JL Audio for amp...

The exhaust shouldn't be a problem, unless you floor the car. I have an 04 Cobra full exhaust no cats and long tube headers. When just cruising and I have the volume up the exhaust is barely noticable, once you hit the gas though it's a different story.

I am starting to think it is a concern cause my exhaust is loud at all times...There is a noticeable drone at certain RPM's but I dont mind it at all...Hell even with the windows up its still loud...
put some deadener on that bish and call it a day!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

perferd

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
perferd
windsor
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date