About to pull the trigger what do you think?

There is nothing wrong with the amp. They are good amps most people on here have no experience with them and just say no because they are a main brand. I would go pioneer in the HU though. As for components i like none of the 3 listed. But the R's are the best out of what you listed imo.

There is nothing wrong with the amp. They are good amps most people on here have no experience with them and just say no because they are a main brand. I would go pioneer in the HU though. As for components i like none of the 3 listed. But the R's are the best out of what you listed imo.
You'd choose Pioneer>Alpine and R's>Polk!?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

I picked Alpine HU simply because it looks the easiest to work with. I like being able to just reach over and press a station preset button rather then clicking a button then twisting a knob then pressing another button...if that makes any sense...

I assume by your post many here dont go with alpine kenwood sony ext. because they sell those brands and big box stores and every tom **** and harry has one?

The components I listed only because those were the easiest to come by with the limited sites I knew to research...

Thanks for the post BTW...

Well kenwood and sony are garbage imo. Most people wont touch those brands. But i would do more research on the speakers and other brands as well. Alot of people like image dynamics ctx components. I have no experience with them. But i would go coaxil rear and component front. Also a budget for speakers would be nice.

I have looked at several threads on the site and others and notice brands like Focal, Hertz, Rainbow, and Morel being mentioned many times in association with "best speakers"

Those are extremely expensive but a quick search on sites like woofer shows me:

Focal 165 VB $259

Hertz ESK 165 $249

Rainbow SLC 265 $259

Morel Tempo 6 $339

Those are probably the only ones I could even touch in my budget...am I getting warmer?

Well kenwood and sony are garbage imo. Most people wont touch those brands. But i would do more research on the speakers and other brands as well. Alot of people like image dynamics ctx components. I have no experience with them. But i would go coaxil rear and component front. Also a budget for speakers would be nice.
my budget would be $1k + install...

^Ok so any of those last 4 will do but what to push them?

I really need a small 4 channel amp cause of space issues (10"x10" ish area ). I was thinking the alpine pdx f4 or the jl XD (hd is just too much money). I think I read somewhere the arc audio KS series was good too...

^Ok so any of those last 4 will do but what to push them?
I really need a small 4 channel amp cause of space issues (10"x10" ish area ). I was thinking the alpine pdx f4 or the jl XD (hd is just too much money). I think I read somewhere the arc audio KS series was good too...
have you looked at the rockford PBR 75x4 but birth sheet always gives you more than 75watts and they are under $150

if space is an issue this will rock, the amp is a little bit bigger than a iphone.

PBR 300x4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

perferd

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
perferd
windsor
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date