? about batterys

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
Hello guys,

im trying to figure this out...

ok let me start with what I have and all I plan on getting..

ok I have a yellow top battery as my only battery. When all sead and done ill have..

2 ppi 1800.1 amps

2 smaller ppi amps both 2ch.

all 1/0 wiring

big 4

2 sq hdc3 15in subs

rf 6x9

pioneer 4x6

right now I have a cap and it does help.

also I have a 200amp alt on its way.

so if you had this system how many and whay amp battery or batterys would you get ??

for right now I would like to keep my yellow top.

also I plan on getting another alt. So ill be runing 2.

what you guys think.

ok right now I have everything listed exept 1 of the ppi 1800 and both smaller ppi amps and only have 1 15in sub.

and I have a 75rms x 2 amp for the 6x9.

im not sure what type or how many batterys I will need.

thanks

I don't think you'll need two alts to be honest nor multiple batteries and most people with good wires and alts don't need caps. I have a buddy running single battery comp and 2000+ watts and has no issues.

ill be running about 3600rms from 4 amps. and with the system i have now, without cap my lights dim bad. and im only running a 500rmsx1 and a 75rms x2 ( well i was i have now mounted a 1800rms amp ) and still using the 75x2 for now.

so when all done ill be running about 3600 rms.

so i was thinking at least 1 more battery as i really want to get rid on my cap.

and ill be only running a 200amp alt. that why i said 2 alts. that will give me 400amp total for charging.

i could be wrong thats why im asking before i throw more money at this system.

I have this setup with a few differences. I am running 2 ppi bk1800's on 2 hdc3 18"s with 2 ppi 900.4's, 1 on 2 sets of comps 1 on 4 neo 8's. I build alts so I made a 220 amp externally regulated alt does 218 amps at 1600 rpm feeding 3 xs 3400's and a yellow top under the hood. I get no voltage drop and stay around 13.2 under heavy load.

I would say that 2 xs 3400's is plenty with a yellow top under the hood. If you dont wanna spend damm near 400$ on a battery look for a 100 amp hr 1000 cranking amp batt from a autoparts store, prolly like 4 of them.

I will tell you that those bk1800's are pretty nasty for the money they hammer my hdc3 18's flexes everything. I have it in an avalanche with plans on adding 2 more hdc3's on a pair of aq3500's or somthing like that but god almighty what I have is pain full loud as it is.

so to answer your question if ya got the doe add 2 xs 3400's to the back loose the cap unless you are getting alt noise and using said cap for a filter cause 1 farad of capacitance will be eat up by those 2 bk1800's in like a milisecond. .

I have this setup with a few differences. I am running 2 ppi bk1800's on 2 hdc3 18"s with 2 ppi 900.4's, 1 on 2 sets of comps 1 on 4 neo 8's. I build alts so I made a 220 amp externally regulated alt does 218 amps at 1600 rpm feeding 3 xs 3400's and a yellow top under the hood. I get no voltage drop and stay around 13.2 under heavy load.
I would say that 2 xs 3400's is plenty with a yellow top under the hood. If you dont wanna spend damm near 400$ on a battery look for a 100 amp hr 1000 cranking amp batt from a autoparts store, prolly like 4 of them.

I will tell you that those bk1800's are pretty nasty for the money they hammer my hdc3 18's flexes everything. I have it in an avalanche with plans on adding 2 more hdc3's on a pair of aq3500's or somthing like that but god almighty what I have is pain full loud as it is.

so to answer your question if ya got the doe add 2 xs 3400's to the back loose the cap unless you are getting alt noise and using said cap for a filter cause 1 farad of capacitance will be eat up by those 2 bk1800's in like a milisecond. .

ok now this is the info i was looking for, thanks very much. with that 1800 amp any my smaller amp the cap does good. i was really shocked. well i have installed all 1/0 plus i rebuilt my alt to give me 100amp as my stock 78amp alt ****** big time.

so doing the big 4 and doing all 1/0 wire really helped. right now i have that ppi running my 12" kicker and it does kick. but thats just for now as i have my hdc3 15" but im waiting on my box. cant wait..

thanks and ya ill look into them batteries.

yeah that will work I would do 3 if possible but 2 will get by with the yellow top upfront.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Only thing I do not like about the bk1800 is its not strapable

yeah that will work I would do 3 if possible but 2 will get by with the yellow top upfront. 

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Only thing I do not like about the bk1800 is its not strapable

for that does not matter as im getting another one for my other hdc3 15" sub. so it will be 1amp per sub that should get my truck arockin ....

as for the batteries i could do 4 if i need, well i have more room then that but.... lol my truck is in my avitar black with hood scoop... and its all black now non of that gold crapy paint...

LOL man that's bad I ran almost 1k rms on a stock battery and wires with a 105 alt and just dimmed. I added a 220a HO alt + O gauge big3 and I have 0 issues with 1 class 75 AC Delco Pro battery.

Oh its gonna slam.. My avalanche simply pounds by most everybodys standards. People find it uncomfortable, it will do a noticeable hair trick and we have the same setup pretty much cept Im doin 18"s and you are doin 15"S.

As far as batteries Lemme break it down like this with 3 xs3400's I can jam the equipment (not at full tilt but loud enough to get the cops called) for I would say 30 min or so before the voltage gets lower on the batts than I comfortable with. before I had the 3400's I had 4 yellow topps and they would only last for 15 min max. What I am getting at is with 200 amps of alt and the ppi bk1800 being pretty efficient you could prolly get away with alot less batt than you would think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.