About an couple Alpine HUs...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brutus2600
10+ year member

Cleburne
I posted a question over in the HU forum (Alpine 7995 vs 7894) but I wanted to ask a more general part of the question over here too.

Why would you want a HU with no built in amp? Does a built in amp get in the way of a seperate amp? I mean, if it doesn't, why would you NOT want that option? Per se, your amp blows and you have to go without for a month until next paycheck. Just curious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you will almost always want a seperate amp..

hard to find an external amp taht will do a worse job than a HU onboard amp..

honestly, get teh 7995, its incredible...

use whatever amp you ahve, and then install a good one when you ahve the $$... it will be worth it...

Haha, thing is, I don't have a multi-channel amp. That's fine though, cuz if I save up a little longer to get the 7995 instead of a pioneer 740mp I'll probably have enough to get an amp as well. I was looking at a JBL 80.4 (just cuz I have a 600.1 powering my subs), but I dunno. I might look at cadence or JL too, but once again, money is always an issue *sigh* Hey, you know what? Stuff should be free! Everybody should give everybody else the services they need for free, and stores should give stuff away for free, that'd be like.....a totally.....communist state! haha, j/k, that'd be horrible, I'll just work a little bit extra.

Oh, any suggestions on an amp? I'll probably be getting some CDT classic comps. Those or some infinity kappas. Not 100% sure yet.

bingo...

those are great amps...

and trust us, if you are able to and are willing to save up and get the better equipment in a little longer time, you wont be disappointed...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.