about $1000 to work with, thinkin Mach5 High Excursion?

Well, this is an obvious stigma that I will have to deal with and overcome...

To the OP:

Sorry for the major side-railing here. Getting back on topic regarding the IXL, this driver demands a large box, but will dig reaaaallll deep in the right setup. If you can afford 5-6 cubes each sealed or ~8-10 cubes ported, it will part your hair.

Is it an SPL driver? No. It is meant for sound quality, but in the right environment, will get pretty darn loud if you want it to.

Best,

Mark

I don't think you would get close to the same performance from a MAW-12 as a HD3 though (comparing 12's, not the new 18).. My MAW-12's that I gave to my mom were great for the money, but a HD3 12 would basically be a DD 9512 without cooling. Can't really compete with the thermal capabilility there, but then again for the price of a HD3 I'm sure you could buy 1/4 of a pallet of MAW-12's. heh.

i belive its more spl orientated. i dont remember seeing any reviews on them being a SQ driver. although ive never tried one or heard one, they seem to be solid spl drivers

I can't speak for the HD3, but the DD 9500 series has great sound quality and also happens to get fscking loud. I wouldn't call it a SQ driver. SQL I guess. I bet with a SQ alignment box you could do pretty **** good in a SQ comp, if not take it if you know what your doing and have the other equipment and processing to go along with them.

So is an HD3 an SPL driver?

Mach 5 has become the Walmart of car audio.

"We selll for Less.....Everyday!" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Comparing based on dollar value now adays is more or less a moot point. Quality is quality regardless of price point.

anyways, back to the subject? can anyone point me in the right direction?

and i was thinking of getting two of the 18"s, i wanted to see if anyone knows the size of box needed for these because I have a cadillac so room aint really an issue

The elemental designs 19os are back on sale for 185 + shipping (so probably 220 or so a piece).. I love mine... 7 cube sealed box.. get loud as hel off of 1200 wrms and sound great!...

mark, audioque basically uses DD stuff with some tweaks

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

^^^ the hd3 is 339+ shipping

although, Audioque/DD arent known for thier sound quality, the majority of thier people use them in spl applications ( ala Solo X ). i have heard from some sources that the drivers really do have pretty good sound quality if used in the correct application.

IMO although ive never heard any of the subs listed,

if you have space, hit up the IXL x2 cuz like 2 18's would be freakin amazing. to see

If you can afford 5-6 cubes each sealed or ~8-10 cubes ported, it will part your hair.
are those estimates for one driver? or two?

I ran the data on WinISD for two drivers, but I think something was wrong because it came out needing 35 cubes, tuned to 17.5 hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

mark, audioque basically uses DD stuff with some tweaks
http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

^^^ the hd3 is 339+ shipping

although, Audioque/DD arent known for thier sound quality, the majority of thier people use them in spl applications ( ala Solo X ). i have heard from some sources that the drivers really do have pretty good sound quality if used in the correct application.

IMO although ive never heard any of the subs listed,

if you have space, hit up the IXL x2 cuz like 2 18's would be freakin amazing. to see

Thanks for the info. That's what I keep hearing, but many seem to think otherwise..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AAckley1

10+ year member
Mr. Do-It-Big
AAckley1
Indianapolis
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date