AB vs D Class Power On Subs

What is everyone's opinion of running AB power versus D power on subs. I have heard AB power on subs in prefered due to better conrol and an overall better sound. My set up is for SQ not boom boom.

Here is what i am thinking:

Subs:

(2) Hertz HS 250 in sealed box

450 watts continuous handling

Optioin 1:

Audison 4.1h

bridging channels 3&4 for 800 rms @ 2ohm

Option 2::

Audion Lrx5.1k

Sub channel for 1,150 rms @ 2ohm

I know the differenc in power between the two isn't a huge difference but it is enough? Is the 800 watts of AB power going to perform equally if not better than the 1150 of D class?

The problem with a question like this is everyone defines "SQ" in a different way. There are those that define SQ as being "as close to the original recording as possible". Those people generally run a small sub stage to belnd well with the front stage, and have a well balanced sound. At these listening levels, it would be hard to tell the difference between A/B and a Class D amp, they will say "It doesnt matter, they both sound the same". Then there are people that like to have loud, good sounding system with the sub stage running upwards of 1500w. Those that have experimented enough with will it probably say that A/B sounds better. Then you have the people that just want LOUD. They dont care how it sounds they just want the most power for their dollar. Then Class D would be best for them. Its all in who you ask...

hmmm old us amps were ab and had big power lol. but im with you guys i like power for dollar and wont hear a big difference.so class d for me unless i find a good deal on another us 2000(x)

^^^ i cant afford that right now lol. thats one badda$$ amp though, mine was modded and it a green board, had sold one with a blue board for 200 and it was fried. so 900 is a good price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.