Ab, d?

no I want a list of over 10 songs with 90% of the notes under 35hz.
Put on by Jeezy is 28hz

White Girl by Jeezy is 33hz

Trap Instrumental in decaf zip #20 is 26hz (not slowed)

I love your girl is 31hz

Rack city by Tyga is 29hz

Delusional by Tech n9ne is 32hz

Where is this going by B-Legit is 20hz and 33hz

I cook by Gucci is 27hz

My Camaro by Jeezy has stuff in the 20's and 30's

On my level by wiz is 28hz

Not to mention all of the songs that I remix that 99% of the time at least have something that drops below 30hz, or any of the slowed/chopped and screwed stuff out there. I have plenty of songs that hit below 25hz, with the lowest being 18hz

no I want a list of over 10 songs with 90% of the notes under 35hz.
If there are hip-hop songs that hit below 35hz, I'm pretty sure it won't be 90% of the time, more like around 25%. Anyway back to the question, how would an amp with a SSF set to 35hz sound with a ported box tuned to 28hz and with hip-hop songs that play 30hz?

If there are hip-hop songs that hit below 35hz, I'm pretty sure it won't be 90% of the time, more like around 25%. Anyway back to the question, how would an amp with a SSF set to 35hz sound with a ported box tuned to 28hz and with hip-hop songs that play 30hz?
Just not as loud as if it didn't. Depends on a lot of things. Cabin gain and the boxes response could cause a peak there and the ssf could make it sound better. (not likely though) I'd go with a different amp if I was going to listen to that kind of music.

Just not as loud as if it didn't. Depends on a lot of things. Cabin gain and the boxes response could cause a peak there and the ssf could make it sound better. (not likely though) I'd go with a different amp if I was going to listen to that kind of music.
exactly the type of answer I was looking for, thanks.

What is the highest fidelity amp you can get for $250-400 at 500ish rms? Is there considerable difference between AB and D when dealing with a good company?

Thanks
Buy a good Class D mono block amplifier, such as Boston GTA, Alpine, etc, that's rated for 1000watts RMS with 2ohm load, run it at 4ohms for 500watt RMS rating. You'll get good headroom AND killer efficiency..

Looking at the JL HD900/5. I wish there was a way to go active on 4 channels. But no. The JX 1000D has a non-defeatable filter which I do not want if it is passive. I like the PDX F4 100/4 and I've been looking at the discontinued (but still buyable) Class AB MB Quart Q4.150 and its little sister q4.80 to run tweets. The 2 MB quarts can be had for 360ish total and would run 8 total front and rear channels.

While I like the JL HD, I only get 5 channels.. so I cannot go active. I may have to dial back my ambition with the midbass, as this would add another 2 channels and with the sub make for 11 total. Also the dampening for the JL is not as good as the PDX which is fine for the mids but not for bass. I can afford quality but not across 11 channels.

Taking this into consideration what would you guys propose?

Looking at the JL HD900/5. I wish there was a way to go active on 4 channels. But no. The JX 1000D has a non-defeatable filter which I do not want if it is passive. I like the PDX F4 100/4 and I've been looking at the discontinued (but still buyable) Class AB MB Quart Q4.150 and its little sister q4.80 to run tweets. The 2 MB quarts can be had for 360ish total and would run 8 total front and rear channels.
Someone posted a horror story about Q amp blowing amp tweets and woofers.. could be a one off though. If you can still find them, get an MB Quart REF4.80. They still float online, sometimes sold as low as $120. According to independent test, it's about 35% underrated. Perfect power for tweets and mids with clean sound. Works for me so far. I am thinking of adding a PPI P900.4 to run a subwoofer+rears.

While I like the JL HD, I only get 5 channels.. so I cannot go active. I may have to dial back my ambition with the midbass, as this would add another 2 channels and with the sub make for 11 total. Also the dampening for the JL is not as good as the PDX which is fine for the mids but not for bass. I can afford quality but not across 11 channels.

Taking this into consideration what would you guys propose?
What dampening are you talking about? Is that the damping factor? I have heard it's pretty meaningless spec.

What dampening are you talking about? Is that the damping factor? I have heard it's pretty meaningless spec.

I don't really know. I am going from what I read which is unfortunately all I have to go on.

Is it possible to run two mids from the same channel, or is this inadvisable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

musical_high

10+ year member
musical_high
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from