A quick sub question

Participant count
  • Participant list

tj'sProbe
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ny
Hi guys. I havent been around in a while, i got more into the performance part of cars and away from the sound part. Here is my story, i have had a set of 2 10" pioneer premier 1500 spl's since they came out and love them. I recently put them into the girlfreinds car to save weight in my car. Well i decided i needed some kind of bass and bought a new sub. I love just about everything with the spl's, but i got a good deal on a nother sub so i picked it up. What i bought was a Mmats Pro2.5 15". I was just wondering if anyone new anything about them. Right now it is in a 1.75 sealed box and sounds alright but nothing like my pioneers. If anyone can give me some information i would truely appreciate it. Like should i go ported, they are rated at 400 rms would it help to send a few more at them, ect ,ect. Thank you guys.

I dont know anything about these things. I gave the guy 175 dollars for the sub brand new in the box with a custom made sealed box and amp rack. He spent 275 on the sub and 250 for the box/amp rack. I figured it was a good deal. Does anyone know a good amp for this sub. It will have to be a 2ohm to do around say 400-600 watts. I dont know how much over the rated power i am safe going with. Anyone else have any input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.